Okay, so I can contemplate my naval and watch my fingernails grow while I wait for my life changing consultation next week or I can get my clever mind out of hibernation.
My husband does not want to do another IVF. He has found the results of the first IVF to be very clear. "Resounding failure" is how he worded it. The diminished checking account is painful for him.
Now I wait for a consultation that makes my husband say "yes".
It is down to two theories :
1. My eggs are to blame for such poor PGD results.
2. The rescue ICSI at 23 hours post retrieval is to blame for such poor PGD results.
I want to try it again and have ICSI immediately and PGD at day 3. Then we will know. That may be a sentence I look back on and laugh. Every step I think "then we will know".
The money is the issue for my husband. Only the expense. He thinks it is throwing good money after bad.
So I have come up with some possibilities:
1. I will contact TLC and Lifetime and propose a new show : "An Embryo Story".
They have such success with "A Baby Story" , "Birthday" and "An Adoption Story", hell, why not jump on the infertility train and film me going through IVF with ICSI and PGD. Sure to be a hit.
2. I am the queen of PartyPoker.com and playing real money tournaments. I have enough hours of practice and am positive with my money flow. I am sufficiently arrogant enough with my NL hold em skills and I had such great luck in Vegas when my embryo's should have been implanting. I think I am ready for the World Series of Poker and I will be the next surprise Binions WPT champion.
3. I can get cameras set up in my house and sell myself over the internet. If Big Brother 4 can be such a big hit, then surely I can get some interest.
4. I can have an estate sale the next time my husband goes on a business trip. He will come home to an empty house except for the future nursery.
5. Get my husband to pony up some cash. I could give him lap dances for our baby fund.
Out of the 5, there is sure to be a winner before my eggs are completely well done.
I will write to the producers at TLC and Lifetime. I think it is the most plausible of the 5 options.
Keep an out for "An Embryo Story" on your local cable channels. I think this could work.

