Monday, August 16, 2004
Road Rage
You know those moments in life when so much is riding on it? When you couldn't wait for the calendar and clock to flip to there?

Today would have been my time but now I have to wait until Thursday for my "why did my IVF fail so miserably" talk with my doctor.

In the pool of calm though, it is still okay timing for me to start IVF next cycle. deep breaths....easy.......calm...... deep breaths.

"Pool of Calm" is my special place surrounded by concrete (my husband) where I don't worry about anything. Nothing can ripple the water I float in because stress is not allowed to penetrate beyond the concrete. It is a wonderful and powerful place. My first experience with the pool of calm was last month with my first IVF. My husband was great concrete for me.

As the days progress, I am more and more hopeful my husband will support me in my decision to try IVF one more time. Why am I the only woman in blogdom who's husband has to be pulled to "yes"?
posted by Julianna · 8/16/2004

1 Comments:
At 10:24 AM, Blogger akeeyu said...
Well, there was that couple on Dr. Phil. The wife wanted to do IVF, and the husband wanted to buy himself a new car. His argument (and he said this to his Endometriosis-riddled not-gettin'-any-younger wife, mind you) was that they could always do IVF 'later'.

Dr. Phil ended up "treating them" to a round of IVF.

I kind of thought the money could have been better spent on counselling or a divorce lawyer, because dang, it's one thing to not want to do IVF because of the risk, the pain, the emotional trauma, or even because you can't afford it (all totally valid reasons, mind you), but to say "But honey, I really really want that new SUV!" is a little...um...

Yeeeeeah.  

Post a Comment  •  Home