I am finally starting to feel like I am up to the challenge of IVF#2. I begin injections on Thursday and I need to get calm.
My best friend is here with me from Palm Beach, Florida. She did not come here to get me out of my funk but came because she has been without electricity for a week and with Ivan coming, she decided to get on a plane while she could. She is single (divorced)and is a great source of strength. She never had any children although it would have been nice had it happened. She didn't let it sadden her either. Uta used to be a nanny and still carries that motherly lioness within her. She makes you fight. She pushes you to get up and keep plowing away.
I feel like yelling to the world "BRING IT ON!".
She will be here until next Monday.
Uta is from Germany originally and still has a thick German accent. M. has a thick Boston accent and I have a mild Southern accent. They can't understand each other so I play interpreter most of the time. We were at a wine function yesterday and people were wondering how in the hell the three of us got together.
Uta has been my best friend for 15 years. We lived near each other in Santa Monica. I was 25 when I moved there from South Carolina to explore my acting talents. Needless to say, I got my dental hygiene license in California so I could make a living.
When Uta first met M. she said she was shocked. He is not like anyone I had ever dated before. I had been in love MANY times (such a romantic) and had been engaged three times (such a whore). M. was it for me. I didn't care who liked him or not. M. can be an asshole. He is extremely bright (PhD in Physics and a Masters in Computer Science) but what I liked most about him was his integrity. He didn't bullshit. He didn't care what people thought of him and didn't try to impress anyone. Everything added up with him. I never, ever, had a question mark go off in my head after something he did or said. I was used to a lot of question marks with men. M. was refreshing.
M. is being a trouper with us girls and I know he likes his quiet time. Uta and I talk incessantly so it will be a LONG 10 days for him.
I am not able to catch up with all of my favorite blogs like I had been so I am grabbing blog time when I can. I think I became too addicted to this blog world. I was laying on my ass reading, instead of going out and living. I have never felt as validated as I have since I discovered blogs. I have found a community to which I belong.
So, if I don't respond like I used to or I don't comment about your good news or sad news as soon as I normally would, it is because I have found someone else to play with. So, as I wave and giggle while retreating, I hope you will still play with me when I come back to this playground with my head down and all alone. Take that back! I will come back to this playground with a smile on my face and eager.

