Saturday, January 15, 2005
Did Ya Know?
If you are ever on "Millionaire" or if you ever happen to get asked this question-

I believe it was during the second date with my husband that we were discussing physics.

He was telling me about when he used to teach physics and I asked him to teach me something then.

It took me about 6 dates, but I finally learned a very basic lesson.


What are the four fundamental forces of nature?

I never knew there were four fundamental forces of nature, much less know how to describe them.

So, for everyone like me, here is the answer:


1. Gravity - the force due to mass

2. Strong- the force that binds the nuclei together

3. Weak- the force that dictates radioactive decay

4. Electromagnetic- the force due to electromagnetic charge

There ya go!
posted by Julianna · 1/15/2005

6 Comments:
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Too smart for me! I've never heard of that. Are there really four fundamental forces of nature? Like the eight wonders of the world? Good to know.  

At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Sorry for the anon post,

It's me, April  

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Julianna,

If I'm ever in your neck of the woods (and we're thinking about it in the next couple of months) we have to have our husbands meet! I swear, your conversations sound like mine! My hubby is a mathematician (programer by trade) and a real brainiac too. Loves to read, loves politics and history (I mean who actually reads ALL THREE VOLUMES of the Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire...really? Who! Mine, that's who!). Me? I need to take off my shoes and socks just to count to 10 ;) But at least I can cook! My husband's idea of cooking is rice and mayo! (don't ask).

xxoo,
Emily  

At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Thanks, J! now I had smile knowingly and blurt out the four forces of nature, should the conversation language. This is sure to make me a hit at parties : )
Menita
(lifesjestbook)  

At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Damn. I feel smart now.  

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Julianna said...
That article is unbelievable, damn, he could have killed the neighborhood! My husband wanted to be a nuclear physicist until he said he realized it was nothing more than a fancy hot water bottle.

um, yeah, whatever.  

Post a Comment  •  Home