Tuesday, January 11, 2005
I Hate This Part
I would never buy the EPT Certainty test because it has a digital reading. It only says "pregnant" or "not pregnant". It denies one the privilege of the elusive faint line.

No, I will not use one of those digital HPTs until I hear of someone getting a " ...ot pregnant" and the next day perhaps " ...t pregnant" and then finally "pregnant".

I can imagine the conversations:

"I took a HPT and the 'n' was missing!!!!"

"It could be residual HCG if the "n" is missing but not if the 'n' and the 'o' are missing."

"I have a faint 'n'......what does that mean?"

Hell, I think it would be a good idea if the HPT threw confetti and made some noise - perhaps a bugle sounding. I guess that would be a bad thing for all those who don't want to be pregnant.


Some months I hope more than other months and this is one of those months. I know I will feel like a fool and a loser by the end of the week.......but in the meantime, one can dream.

I will do the deed on Thursday.



posted by Julianna · 1/11/2005

17 Comments:
At 3:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
It's Sandy here ... blogger won't let me sign in for some reason...hmmm. I'm right there with you in spirit as you move toward Thursday my friend.  

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Amyesq said...
That is SO true. I would never buy one of those digital ones either. Who wants the inconvenience of knowing I am not PG right away? I would rather pull it out of the trash and stare at it ten time. I know, pathetic but true.

Good luck! I am thinking about you!  

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Miss X said...
I'm hoping and dreaming with you.  

At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Still holding out hope for you my dear.

xxoo,
Emily  

At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hoping it's A + ! Good luck.

sweetisu
http://sweetisu.blogspot.com  

At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
First time I tried I had the durn thing UPSIDE DOWN on the counter... couldn't figure out why there were NO lines.....

Good luck and all kinds of good vibes coming your way!  

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Julianna said...
This is the last month that I will drag you lovely people into my true month to month drama and I will not write this in a regular post because it gets to be just too damn much.....even if you don't know me and you have the option to click me away.......

but here is what I did.....

I couldn't sleep on my stomach last night because of my breast tenderness and as I pushed snooze on my alarm clock, I felt a little queasy, so as I waited for my nine minutes of snooze, I decided that if I had more than one FRED, then I would test this morning.

That made me get up immediately and....sure enough, I had two tests. I felt like a cave-in as I was wetting that demonic stick.

It all came back to me, why I don't test early. The test is not as reliable if done early and it is a lose/lose.....when it is negative, I still have hope......and when it is negative, I still hope.....it is NEVER positive.

So, I am standing under a bathroom light when I saw the first line immediately and then I began to see a faint dot that soon became a 3 mm long faint dot.......I kept looking closer and closer,,,,,,,,hoping that it would give me more........I was cheering the dot that could but nothing else happened.

I took my shower and got out hoping it had made progress, there was the same faint 3mm dot like line.

I thought about that friggin thing all day and was hoping that when I got home, I would see it had grown.......it is still the same.

Can I tell you how much I wish I knew how to use my digital camera so I could show you, I would have to get it in the light just right for you to be able to see what I am seeing but I have never heard of such.


What kind of hell is this?

I know the dot line is where the real line should be.....it almost looks like I have a defective FRED.

So, now I wish I hadn't tested early and will try not to test tomorrow morning.......however, if I do test tomorrow two things will happen, the dot line turns to a real faint line or there will be nothing.

I couldn't just have an easy "no"....that would be just too much to ask.

Geez.

I will try v very hard to wait until Thursday.  

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Kristin said...
Hoping and praying that the little dot turns into a second line!  

At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
I wish you had a camera that was useful to us! That sucks.

April  

At 11:51 PM, Blogger ankaisa said...
Sounds weird to me, too! But just maybe that dot could become a real line the next time you test. Something reacted there, you know.  

At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Gotta tell you Julianna (and I'll say this very quietly), it sounds like the next stick (a non defective one ;) is going to show that second line. I'm holding on to hope for you and she's not squirming all that much ;). I'll keep obsessively checking your blog until you test again and I'm crossing everything for you that it's a positive.

Love,
Emily  

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Lori said...
I mistakenly bought those EPT Certainty tests at Costco. I hate them. If you do use them, read the instructions! I ruined the first test because I peed before reading. The next test I used correctly but it said "not pregnant", although there was a faint second line on the pee stick itself. On the day of my blood test my period started so I never bothered to find out if the second line was real, an evaporative line, or a sadistic feature of these tests.

I'm hoping that your dot turns into a line on the next test!  

At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh my goodness. It sounds like you got a defective stick, Julianna, but it also sounds like a positive. Good luck!  

At 11:50 AM, Blogger ~L said...
Julianna, I'm sending you all my best for Thursday. I'm also admiring your self-restraint, since if I'd received an ambiguous hpt result, I would've immediately used up any and all hpts that were within reach of my toilet. Selfishly, I certainly hope you don't stop writing--you're a wonderful writer and I would miss you.  

At 1:43 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...
Ugh I don't know what to say! I am hoping and praying that the dot means something and that you test again tomorrow and get something more. Oh please oh please! I will be thinking of you and can't wait to check in tomorrow.  

At 2:13 PM, Blogger Colette said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Colette said...
Thinking of you and praying for a positive sign. Some good news is long overdue!  

Post a Comment  •  Home