Saturday, January 01, 2005
Chain Letter Of Questions
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?

IVF #1 and #2

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Last year it was the South Beach Diet and I kept it for about nine months - great fad diet and the longest I had ever stayed on a diet. No, I have not made any resolutions for the coming year - I need a new fad diet.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No. Thank God.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Yes. It was horrible and too difficult to talk about......still.


5. What countries did you visit?

Great Britain.........It was magnificent. I especially loved Oxford and Bath. I also went to Belize.

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?

A baby, of course. Or at least a positive pregnancy test. At least a faint second line on a HPT.

7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

April 10th, when Mary died.


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

aggressively trying to have a baby even though I failed miserably.


9. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I feel like I did. Does a heart injury count?

10. What was the best thing you bought?

Our jacuzzi and gazebo. I love getting naked out there and no one can see me. We still savor it.

11. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Mary, on her death bed, dying suddenly and unexpectedly.

12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

My bosses wife who was incredibly insensitive and immature when my heart was crumbled to bits.

13. Where did most of your money go?

IVF #1 and IVF #2


14. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

My ten excellent embryos on day 3 of IVF#2.

15. What song will always remind you of 2004?

"Yeah" by Usher.

16. Compared to this time last year, are you:

i. happier or sadder?

sadder.

ii. thinner or fatter?

the same.


iii. richer or poorer?

Poorer.

17. What do you wish you'd done more of?

IVF's

18. What do you wish you'd done less of?

IVF's

20. How will you be spending or did spend New Year's?

Eating caviar and cream cheese on crackers with champagne with my husband.

21. Did you fall in love in 2004 ?

Yes, with my embryos who never made it and I am more in love with my husband.

22. How many one-night stands?

Clearly, this questionnaire is not usually given to married people. None, of course.

23. What was your favorite TV program?

Discovery HDTV, Survivor, Amazing Race and I also enjoyed The Apprentice #1.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

No. I am no longer friends with some people but I don't HATE them.

25. What was the best book you read?

I am not a book reader. I would rather live a book than read a book. My sister just sent me "Tear Soup" and that was a naive, sweet book about grieving.

26. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?

I have a carry over from 2003 and that is Irish Folk music and dancing (clogging).

27. What did you want and get?

nothing. I have been consumed by wanting a child.

28. What did you want and not get?

Pregnant

29. What was your favorite film of this year?

I don't have one, I really want to see "Sideways" though.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

My best friend's husband sent us on a cruise to Belize. We both turned 41. She has two small children and needed a break and I was getting ready to start IVF#1.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

getting pregnant

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?

Bobbie Brown make-up.

33. What kept you sane?

I am not so sure I am sane.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Curt Schilling of the Boston Red Sox with his bloody ankle.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?

The hatred spewed to Bush voters by supposedly sympathetic Democrats.

36. Who did you miss?

My mother in South Carolina..........and my dog Chelsea in South Carolina........and my sisters in South Carolina....oh hell.....everyone in South Carolina.

37. Who was the best new person you met?

Roselyn, who just moved here from London.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:

So many things are out of my control. I can want desperately, but that does not pull any weight to the universe.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

"I would die for you"

40. Where do you want to be this time next year?

In my babies room rocking her/him to sleep.


posted by Julianna · 1/01/2005

11 Comments:
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Rock On!  

At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
you are one crazy motherfucker for wanting a baby so badly. That is my nightmare, getting pregnant. Boston RedSox SUCK!!!!!! They suck the big whaaatoozeeee. I am a Yankee fan. RedSox SUX! I hate you for likeing them and I also hate you for wanting a baby so much. You are one desperate motherfucker. I am glad you never had a child. One less RedSox fan in the world!  

At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Yeesh. I guess someone opened the Internet loonie bin and let the previous poster out for the New Year. What a moron. I mean, just admitting that you're a Yankee fan is proof enough, if you needed any. I'm just sayin'.

Anyway - just writing to wish you a better and fertile 2005. Us AMA types should hold onto our dreams - you never know. Maybe - hopefully - this time next year, #40 will be a reality for you.

All the best to you in 2005.
Kinneret  

At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Ohhhhhhhhh. Fuck you kinnernet. I mean really, what kind of name is that? RedSox fan is proof enough! You are a sorry motherfucker too.  

At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
I live in Boston and just stumbled on your web blog and read this irritant's comment.


What is your problem moron?

YOU are the sorry motherfucker and if I could get my hands on you, I would hang you over a balcony until you squiled like a piglet........mother fuckin' pussy motherfucker........don't mess with my Red Sox.

I can already hear you squealing like a pussy motherfucker. oink, oink.

fuckin' yankee's.  

At 11:09 PM, Blogger Julianna said...
The freaks come out at night.........

the

freaks


come



out



at night.......................  

At 5:09 AM, Blogger Sandy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

At 5:17 AM, Blogger Sandy said...
YAY! We have a nominee for the First Troll of 2005 awards! Julianna my sweet - you should feel touched that a troll took the time to grace your site with it's presence. I'd take it as a good luck charm for 2005. Too bad it was a drunken, delusional troll who lacks spelling, grammar and punctuation skills. It's always so much more fun to own a troll that is at least articulate, but oh well, one can't have everything now can she?

Oh and Troll? I share your nightmare of you ever getting pregnant. One wouldn't want too many people using language like "big whaaatoozeeee" in this world now, would one?

Good luck with your nomination, and if you need help selecting what colour to wear to the Awards Ceremony, give a shout from under your bridge, ya hear now?  

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Julianna said...
Sandy, you crack me up!!

Have you ever noticed that when you publish a post on blogspot, stragglers suddenly appear out of the crevices? I think by the very nature of someone spending a late evening scrolling "recently published" on blogspot.....well........let's just say I'm surprised I held their interest long enough to read about my admiration for Curt and his bloody ankle.

Honestly, I think they were both drunk and it humored me. We'll see if they come back, my guess is "no".  

At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Julianna,

Best wishes for you for 2005. I hope all your dreams come true.

During WWI I believe, American spies would sometimes be 'outed' because they didn't eat like Europeans (fork in left hand, knife in right). Trolls would always be outed because not one of these morons can ever spell worth a damn.

Wishing you peace and love for upcoming year.

Emily  

At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
I just wanted to say that heart injuries definitely count. Heart injuries are the worst, and take the longest time to recover from.

Good luck this year, Julianna.

Patricia
http://laf.typepad.com/  

Post a Comment  •  Home