Tuesday, December 28, 2004
Rock The Cradle Of Love
I need to add a note to self:
1. Even though not decorating for Christmas makes the season more depressing than usual, not having to un-decorate, almost makes up for it.




My lovely M. is off work for 2 weeks and today he cleaned the house while I had to go to my gaslight job. I came home and my house was spic and span clean........immaculate............. my sweet honey had "Merry Maids" come over for Spring cleaning and I was surprised to find an amazingly clean home when I walked in the door.

It took 4 ladies FIVE hours to clean my house..........that is either very impressive or very embarrassing. I am simply pleased.



The boss of my one-foot-out-the-door job gave me a raise today.......... Does he know? Have they been reading my mind? Or...........God forbid...........have they been reading my blog? ohhhhhhhhhhh............wait..........he would have fired me if he had found my blog. His wife would have hired a hit man to knock me off if they had found my blog.


After dinner, my lovely husband told me that he has surprise reservations for us to go on an excursion for the next few days...........after I work tomorrow........he is taking me somewhere. We are going to a local place, not on a plane,...... and will be gone for 3 days. I am to pack tonight before I go to work tomorrow because as soon as I get home from work...........we are going to our secret destination.



Is this a dream?????



Am I for real??????????



Am I conscious????????



Am I alive?????????



What is going on!



Do good things happen sometimes????????



Is life okay sometimes in spite of my infertility?





I think a lot of this has to do with an ass chewing I gave my lovely husband because he got another new computer and has spent endless hours in his office setting up said computer and he has been completely ignoring me. I must hand it to that man.........he knows how to step up to the plate when need be.


I am getting very ready for IVF#3. I am so hopeful that if I try just one more time...........ONE MORE TIME............I will get pregnant. Lord knows how I want us to have a family, I wish I had a husband who wants a baby MORE than me. That would be amazing, to be married to a man who pushed ME to the next level! Instead, I am blessed with an amazing man who loves me so much that he jumps through more hoops than he ever imagined for us to have our imaginary children.


I love my husband.


I am very blessed, in spite of my empty nursery.


posted by Julianna · 12/28/2004

9 Comments:
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Julianna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

At 6:27 AM, Blogger Dee said...
Indeed, you are blessed Julianna...in so many ways.

Have a great time with your sweet M and all the best wishes for you in 2005.  

At 6:57 AM, Blogger Cricket said...
Wow! You're going on a trip and coming home to a still clean house? What a New Year you're going to have!

Have you seen the movie, Sideways? Are you going to have wine country revelations, too?  

At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Have a wonderful time!

xxoo,
Emily  

At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
YAY!! A surprise. I love surprises. Well, okay, I love GOOD surprises! Yay!! Have fun!

Marla
Middle Way  

At 5:59 AM, Blogger Sandy said...
You so deserve this surprise ... I can't wait to hear what it is. Your M sounds divine, not just because of these material things (which are good for the soul) but because he listens and pays attention to what's important to you. Enjoy every minute of your treat and we'll see you when you get back!  

At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Julianna - I just ran across your blog, and thought I would toss my 2 cents in...I was wondering if you've had any immunological testing done? I've found that as we get into the AMA category (I'll be 41 in Feb), the RE's tend to ignore all testing, and blame our eggs on everything. After failed IUI's, IVF's, Donor Egg IVF's, and Donor Embryos cycles, I asked my RE to do the recurrent miscarriage testing. He told me it was a fishing expedition. Well, lo and behold we caught one. I have high APA's, which can cause implantation failure. It can be treated with heparin, which is started right after ovulation, or just before transfer - however you're doing the cycle. It's a simple blood test panel, but for some reason the RE's don't do it until you've failed repeatedly. They're too busy doing invasive things like HSG's, I guess! Anyway, since you're getting ready to start your 3d round, I thought I would mention it. You can find more info about the testing at: http://www.haveababy.com/rpl/basics.asp . Feel free to email me with any questions: chekd@bellsouth.net

Best of luck to you, and enjoy your surprise vacation!

Lori  

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Jeangenie said...
Just out of interest, when do the Christmas decorations come down in the USA? Over this side of the Herring Pond it's considered unlucky to take them down on any day other than 12th night (Epiphany) which is January 6th.

Happy New Year to you - hope it's a good one. :)  

At 3:44 PM, Blogger Julianna said...
Hello lovely ladies!

Thank you for your comments, I feel like I just got home from vacation and checked my mail and had all these neat little cards in my mailbox. Fitting end to a perfect getaway.

Lori, thank you for your comment. I am not sure that I have had ALL the blood work but before my husband and I did our first IVF, Stanford had us do about $6,000.00 worth of blood tests because we were a part of a PGD study at that time and the study required we get all the bloodwork, I nearly fainted as I sat across from my husband as they were withdrawing viles of blood from our arms simutaneously - I think they got 24 tubes from me and only about half that for him......HE nearly fainted when he got the lab bill. I actually was only told that everything looked excellent and have never seen or read the results myself. I simply was so excited to be so perfect that I never bothered to read all of my lab work. As time goes by, I wonder how much power I give away but at some level, I have to trust my doctors. I will ask about that test in particular the next time I see my doctor. Thank you. Actually, my problem seems to be in the fertilization......nothing fertilized for IVF#1 until rescue ICSI was performed and IVF#2 had 10 excellent embryos on day 3 that turned into 1 excellent blastocyst on day 5 and a few others that looked okay......instinctively, I think there is something in the mix with my husband and I........perhaps his sperm is so brilliant that it refuses to lower itself to my measly eggs......perhaps my eggs are being snubbed by his genius. I have never had a postive pregnancy test with my husband.


Jeangenie, I can only speak of my experiences. In South Carolina, we always took our decorations down on New Years Day and I remember thinking that other people were lax if their decorations were still up into the first week of January. Amazing how arrogant I was to judge so easily....... I would love to take up your tradition......it is a royal pain to be under pressure to take down the decorations before Jan. 2nd........perhaps next year, I will use January 6th as my deadline. I like that tradition! You get to enjoy them more than us!

Seriously, to this day, if I see people have their decorations up after Jan. 2nd, I assume they are out of town or a bit lazy with taking them down.


Happy New Year everyone.

I am going to try to post about my trip before our festivities tonight.  

Post a Comment  •  Home