Tuesday, December 14, 2004
But,..........But.................butt
I am trying to watch my language. I have washed my mouth with soap, for now. FOR NOW. I am not making any promises.

ohhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,,,,it's hard not to curse so much.


So, my thoughts lately resonate around and about my fate. I had no idea my life would become this .........this...........hellish fight.


I find myself fighting for a child and I am bitter when I see others take reproduction for granted. Why do I have to struggle, fight, scream and cry for such a natural event.


I was prepared when I first met my husband to leave him on the third date when he said that he wasn't sure about children.

"You and I are not headed down the same road. I know I want a family. There is no reason to keep dating when we are clearly not on the same path." I said matter-of-factly.

"I never said I don't want children, I am just stating that I never thought much about it." He said to cover his ass (oops.......bottom).

"Children are not negotiable for me." I said.



I never considered that we should have taken this conversation further.......like...........

"Okay, what if we can't get pregnant easily, what are you willing to do?"

"If we can't have a child in a year, are you agreeable with IUI (intrauterine insemination)?"

"After five IUI's fail, will you consider IVF?"

"If our first $20,000.00 IVF fails, how would you feel about another?"

"When the ever so promising IVF #2 fails, will you let me do IVF#3?"

"Will you allow me to keep going and going and going until my ovaries are ruined?"



Those are the questions I wish I had asked because now I am stuck with a man who has been a trouper through IVF#2 but who is now at a stop sign. I want him to go. I want him to give me more.

He has given so much, so very much more than he ever imagined and yet, I need him to give me more. At least, one more chance.


I know he sees no stop button for me.



I would ruin my ovaries and uterus to have a child.



I so desperately want what is so easy for so many others.


posted by Julianna · 12/14/2004

7 Comments:
At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
I am so sad that you can't have what comes so easily to others.

To say that you would ruin your ovaries and uterus to have a child is heartbreaking. I am so sad for you.  

At 11:42 PM, Blogger Cricket said...
Oh yeah, I understand those questions. I am the 42 yo unemployed divorced mother of one asking the same things. It's not great material for a first date, but why bother w/future dates if the answers are 'no'? At least some guys are trainable when it comes to giving (and then living) the right answers.

(In the 3-ish years I've been single again and the probably 3 dozen men I've dated, there was only 1 who ASKED ME baby questions first or was interested in an additional kid at all. He had a son when he was about 20 and his son was about 20. He wasn't finished having kids yet, but he never considered that getting another might not be easy with a new partner.)

(Additionally, I confess that I sort of wanted to date men according to how much money they would have for ART. I'm not big house/fancy car oriented [I'm generally pretty anti-money and what it brings], but I wanted enough dough available to pay the RE. Of course, I chose the poor guy who has finally yet sincerely come on the idea of desiring another child, but completely lacks the bucks for any fancy stuff. And recently I've come to the re-conclusion that a baby is not in my future, no way, no how. I don't understand how many of these bloggers have so much or can spend so much on ART and adoption. Guess they chose mates more wisely. It is depressing me to the core. I wish they'd adopt me and then pay for my ART.)

PS - J, enough with the fucking non-cussing blog trend. It is cocksuckingly inauthentic shit.  

At 1:28 AM, Blogger ankaisa said...
I sure hope he comes around! I'm sure not too many people discuss babies when they begin dating - much less the possibility of having to do IVF! Maybe his line in the sand can be moved a bit further, and preferably pretty soon.  

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Miss X said...
I wish with all of my heart that is was easy for you.

I'm so sorry.  

At 7:52 PM, Blogger Sandy said...
It sucks. And it especially sucks that you have to not swear when you're discussing it. I'm not a big curser but know that I'm swearing (mildly as it is) in my heart for you ok? And I think that once we're on that all women Survivor team, we could write an advice book. You know "Ten Things To Ask Your Future Husband"; "Twenty Ways To Ward Off Intruding Relatives"; "Sixteen Obnoxious Names for Fertiles and How to Say Them Without Them Know You're Insulting Them" ... perhaps you could use the royalties...what do you think?

Seriously, thinking about you and wishing I could hand you the easy way.  

At 6:36 AM, Blogger Jeangenie said...
I wish I could offer constructive help or advice, but I can't. But I understand your rage at the unfairness of life, when people who rubbish parents have them as easily as falling off a log, and the people who would do a proper job of it are denied the opportunity.

But when a friend was diagnosed with terminal cancer despite leading a very healthy lifestyle and having all precautionary checks, his reply when people asked "Why you?" was "Why not me?"

I've finally realised the truth; people weren't lying when they told me Life Isn't Fair. Life is just itself.  

At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm so sorry that this has been so hard. I'm keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. This sucks.
-Jen Jenbuster@gmail.com  

Post a Comment  •  Home