Sunday, December 05, 2004
You Need Jesus
I am told I need to pray about my situation.

So, why doesn't God want me to have children?

I know why.

I am dying.

I will be dead in a few years, and as family and friends view my body in my casket, they will speak of how the Lord knew what He was doing in not allowing me to ever have a baby.

It would be such a terrible fate to have their mother die so young.



This does not sit well with my loved ones when I answer their consoling "everything works out for the best", "God has a plan", "the Lord knows best", "trust in the Lord".

For some reason, they gasp when I tell them that I have figured out why I cannot get pregnant.

If it is truly meant to be that I not have children, there is only one reason that makes sense.

I am doomed to death soon.

I could survive a divorce with my children.

I could survive the death of my husband with my children.

I am not saying that it would not be difficult, but what would be impossible is if I died young, and my husband was left with small children. Most likely, they would need to live with one of my sisters. Not that my dear husband would be a bad father, he is just not capable of being a mother also and he would know that my children would need a good mother.

So, if all of this is truly the Lord's will, I know why.

May God bless my soul.

posted by Julianna · 12/05/2004

11 Comments:
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Shut yo mouth!!!!!!!! Throw salt over your shoulder three times!!!!!!! Spit over your right shoulder three times!!!!!!! I don't blame your relatives for gasping when you tell them this! I am gasping and I don't even know you! I do find your humor to be quite hilarious.

Lisa from Columbia, S.C.  

At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
That's awful! I don't blame your family for being upset when you tell them you are going to die. I do hope you are kidding. That is not anything to joke about.

April  

At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Actually, I think I get your point. I really do.

But I'm still with Lisa. Behave yourself, young lady! Now go throw some salt over your shoulder.  

At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
The more I think about this, the more I really get it. I know the feeling of wanting to say something off the wall when someone tells you "there's a plan."

But go throw some salt over your shoulder anyway.  

At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
I completely get this, and I actually think it's a great response to it's God's plan. Because, even if you are a devout Christian, this comment just shows that the idea of God micromanaging every detail of your life is ridiculous.

Now...go throw some salt over your shoulder just to make sure...

patricia
http://laf.typepad.com/  

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Stacy said...
I get your anwser and may use it myself. I am a Christian and I find this comment, that its part of Gods plan, horrifying. I do not beleive that God doesn't want us to have children. I think He very much wants it for each of us. The Bible is clear that God wants to give us our heart desires.  

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Cricket said...
I had a parallel of this to happen recently - except for the dead part. (Jule, you win today's "Tongue in Cheek" award!)

A month ago, the mother of a classmate of my son was hanging out with me as the kids played. B/c getting my reluctant son to read has become a crusade for me, I asked her how her daughter's reading was going; she and my son had been in K together.

The mom replied that her daughter had been reading since she was 4; mom stated that she felt like she must really be doing something right.

Direct as I am, I responded, "In that instance, it would translate to mean that I am doing something wrong and I don't think that is the case." To her credit, she followed with profuse apologies.

I feel the same way about all the idiots who tell me they get pg on the first try. No, god hasn't blessed them and cursed me as they imply. It is much simplier that that: life isn't fair.  

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Miss X said...
Point well taken! ;)  

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Jeangenie said...
Now, sweep up all that salt! ;)
:)  

At 7:23 PM, Blogger E. said...
They should gasp -- then they should stop implying (however unintentionally) that this is your fault, or that there is any reason in this infertility madness.

No dying young for you, Julianna -- we need you here.  

At 7:23 PM, Blogger E. said...
They should gasp -- then they should stop implying (however unintentionally) that this is your fault, or that there is any reason in this infertility madness.

No dying young for you, Julianna -- we need you here.  

Post a Comment  •  Home