Saturday, November 06, 2004
My Blog Experience
I have spent a little over 3 months in this infertility blog society and I said so many times "I have finally found a community to which I belong" and I have received amazing support and information here.

I imagine us in a huge banquet room with round cloth covered tables and a podium in the front of this room. When you walk in, it is filled with the sounds of chatter and laughter. There are the usual high school lunchroom type dynamics going on but if one woman in that room is hurting, everyone surrounds her and protects her from the world. We are a support group for the infertile. There is a television monitor for the lurkers to watch who do not want to participate. The lurkers get so much from our room as well. Some women get up on that podium and read their ready for publication brilliant entries and others, like me, read their journal type emotional day to day tribulations.

Bits and pieces are taken from everyone and the purpose for me being in that room is to deal with this nightmare I find myself living in. Unfortunately, it is a true story and personally for me, I am trying to deal with the pain of never having my own child.

Maybe the purpose of me finding this room was to be held up by everyone when I was all alone the week I found out my second IVF failed. My eyes still begin to well up when I think of the love and kindness I got from the women in this room. It was honestly the only thing that helped me. Thank you, thank you, thank you for surrounding me then.

I don't have a blogroll. Milenka and Julie have the most amazing blogrolls and although I tried to copy and paste my personal blogroll about 8 times in my blog template, it never showed up on my main page. I soon gave up and realized it was for the best because my personal list changes weekly. I wouldn't want to hurt someone's feelings by not having them on my special list and I would also find it hard to remove someone publicly. I know I wouldn't update it like I should so that is yet another reason why it is good that I have no favorites list on my blog.

If I did have a blogroll, I would be crossing off a lot of people right now.

This room has turned into a political room. The women now get on their podiums and preach to the masses about how terrible everything is but not only that, they get up there and insult those of us who didn't think the way they thought. They spew insults at people who voted for someone other than their candidate.

I have zero tolerance for the far right and the far left. I keep my political views to myself because I am so incredibly humbled by the fact that my way is not the only or the right way.

I know a pea size amount about politics and government. I am intelligent and well informed enough to make a judgment but hardly informed enough to make judgments on everyone who doesn't see the world my way.

I would post links to the insulting blogs but it would take me forever and I would be pissed when I realized the people I left off. Anyone who is here in this room or watching has seen the change.

It is not the politics or discussions of differences - IT IS THE BLATANT, ARROGANT INSULTS SPEWN AT THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR BUSH. This is not because someone doesn't like Bush, it is because they took it to a whole other level.

I have a very close relative who has been active in politics for 40 plus years. He is now one of the most senior members of the House Of Representatives and he is a Democrat I might add. I have seen the hours, weeks, weekends, holidays spent trying to make this country a better place and this is just one little person in politics. I cannot imagine the logistics of the complications of an entire government. My uncle is even humbled by the process.

So how can so many women sit on their little chair at their little computer in their little house in their city wherever they are in this great, vast world and be so arrogant and insulting. Go out and make a difference if you are that passionate or go find your Paradise Island somewhere. This is a huge, magnificent world that has so much to offer. I would bet that most of the very angry people would find their ick follows them wherever they go and they would probably be ready to leave their little Paradise Island after a few years of living there.

I have heard for 20 plus years about back alley abortions and the doom and gloom and the sky is falling. I will eat my hat if abortions are illegal in this country again. Bush has been in office for 4 years and the sky has not fallen.

There are extremists. Extreme Republicans who ignite this hatred in the extreme lefties.

This is the internet. It is your own blog. It is a free society.

I was never involved in politics in real life and certainly not online. The passions that people have can get a bit out of control.

I no longer like being in this room. I could slip out the back door or I can stand up here on my podium and yell.

I miss the old room.

I damn sure am not going to stand up on that podium and be vulnerable and show my pain to a room full of women who have insulted me.

It must be amazing to truly be that arrogant that your way is the only way. It must be wonderful.

I am leaving.

I have no time to spell check or re read this so excuse the rambling and errors.

A quick note to getupgrrl. THANK YOU. It is because of you that most of us are in this room. I don't want to say that someone deserves something more than someone else but you so deserve for this next cycle to work. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I am so very hopeful for you.

To the other wonderful women - I LOVE YOU. Hang in there. You are amazing.

Thank you for everything.
posted by Julianna · 11/06/2004

42 Comments:
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Mandy said...
Julianna,

I just found your blog by following a link and then another link...you get the idea.

I was very moved by this entry because you really have verbalized a lot of my thoughts.

I am not usually one to comment, but as a "middle or the roader", I wanted to let you know you are not alone in your desire to see the politcal drama either move to the high road again (the one without insults upon insults) or be silenced altogether.

There is such a sisterhood among "the infertiles" and so much good support and information to be shared that it is a shame to see the nastiness take over.  

At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH. What happened? I go out of town for a few days, where I'm an blogless, and all hell breaks loose? Don't stop writing your blog. I'll have to come out and whoop your butt. And believe me, I can do it.

Now, you know I'm not a big fan of Bush. And it's true that I have been a liberal democrat since I could put the two words together and say them clearly, but that doesn't mean I don't like republicans. In fact, I think, like okra, they are perfectly acceptable when breaded and fried. hahaha. But seriously, some of my closest friends are republicans. Even my ex-husband, and believe it or not, that wasn't why I divorced him. I think we are all much more similar than we think we are politically, if the truth be told. I hope you didn't feel personally attacked on some other blog and I hope you will come back. I also hope you will tell me where this happened so I can go back and be nosy.

Oh, and I agree with you on the abortion thing. I would be very surprised it it were outlawed based on all the const. arguments that I will not bore anyone with. Similar reasons for why these amendments to state const. against gay marriage will be declared unconstitutional at some point. But that's another story.

Hang in there, missy.  

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Sandy said...
My friend Julianna ... I hope that you're not leaving the room for good. Not being a citizen of the USA, I have kept myself out of the politics of the last while. But like grrrl said, whatever you decide, I hope you'll remember that you made an impact on my life ... I love to read your daily comments in my blog ... and that you'll do what feels right for you.  

At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Julianna,

Please don't leave. Your comments and blog mean so much to me. You're a very important part of this community.

xxxooo,
Emily
scrambledeggs  

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Kath said...
Oh Julianna please dont leave. You are part of the inferility community but we can't have everything in common. People who passionately voted for Kerry have a right to be angry for whatever reason. I voted for Howard at the recent Australian election and faced the same criticism from my friends/collegues. But for us, he was the best choice, next time it might be different.

Please dont take the posts about bush vs kerry voters too personally.  

At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Umm, I'm feeling like I've missed something, even though I check your blog every day. Please don't stop blogging! Your ideas and ways of looking at things mean a lot to many of us, even those of us who don't post very frequently and/or don't have our own blogs. Please don't stop.
-Abby (abfausto@hotmail.com)  

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Soper said...
Julianna,
I respect your opinion, and I thank you for being honest and saying what was on your mind. Many of us are upset by the recent election, because we are afraid of the future. We don't know what will happen, and the idea of IVF or abortion becoming illegal is, well, terrifying to many of us. Were we juvenile in our reactions? Probably. But that's honesty, which is what makes this community so special.

I practiced law in front of judges with agendas, who make decisions based on their personal opinons, rather than the law. They are both Democrats AND Republicans. I don't think anyone is saying the Republicans are the only ones out of control-- it's just easier to accept the agendas of those who agree with us.

This will pass, it's just a natural reaction to the election. Don't give up on this community because of a post-game rant -- this time next week, we'll all be bitching about doctors again. And if we step out of line, it is perfectly fine to tell us you don't agree with us, and why. I have lots of friends who disagree, passionately, with me about MANY political subjects, but we stay friends despite our differences because we know there is more to our relationship than politics. I hope you keep reading, even if you disagree, and keep posting.  

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Heather said...
What Soper said. You're exactly right Julianna, a lot of tantrums have been thrown in blogworld over the past several days. Was it constructive? Nah. But it was useful, in its way. The diehard Dems among us have a long four years ahead of us.

Some of us may have said some things that were a little rash, but you know, it was just heat of the moment knee jerk reaction stuff. We're only human, right?

If my blog was one that upset you, I apologize. That was never my intention. I hope you decide to come back. We all love you, whatever your political leanings, and we want to be able to cheer you on when your new cycle rolls around -- and beyond.  

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Lori said...
Sharing your emotions, views and experiences on a public website is of course up to you. I do hope that you will continue to write to your blog because your emotions, views, and experiences on infertility and dealing with not having a child were helpful to me and I'm sure to many others. I also enjoy reading about the other stuff because to share your opinions and feelings shows more of who you are. I hope you don't go away.  

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Julianna said...
Hi. I am just getting home from a long day away and I obviously need to clarify some things.

I said:
"It is not the politics or discussions of differences - IT IS THE BLATANT, ARROGANT INSULTS SPEWN AT THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR BUSH. This is not because someone doesn't like Bush, it is because they took it to a whole other level."

I did not post this to have people say "please don't go" because I think that is sad and pathetic when people are manipulative in that way. This has been a very important community to me. This room had been a source of strength but it is different now.

Perhaps Soper is right and this is the storm after the results and next week things will be different. I can honestly say that if Kerry had won, I cannot imagine standing on my podium and insulting the people who voted for him and spitting angry, personal attacks at the voters in the room. That kind of arrogance astounds me.

This room is too hate filled and political now.

I have a lot more important things going on in my life right now and the last thing I need is more aggravation.

When I want to hear some asshats assvice about politics, I'll go read a political blog.  

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Stacy said...
Well said Julianna! I have choosen to quit reading the blogs that have gone from infertility to politics but may go back when the waters calm.

Blessings to you!  

At 9:17 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...
Lest you think Julianna is being over-sensitive to people who are "just" venting, allow me to share some just a few of the really mean jabs(not edited or paraphrased) thatI found, aimed at people who voted for GWB.

I have entiled it my "I Like Fertility BLOGS Not Political FLOGS" list:

*"...there are way more stupid Americans than ones with a clue. "
*"I'm physically ill and disgusted by "my fellow Americans" "
*"the next four years at the hands of the people that the BARE majority have elected "
*"i don't want to be hateful and bitter and sad right now, but i can't help it. it saddens me that so many americans thought this was right "
*"I hope America gets all the terrorism it can handle"
*"But as to why the Repugnant-kins keep winning, they can get a slim majority, and that is all they need. "
*"So why don't you go gloat somewhere else and leave us be? "
*"thing that divides me from those who believe Bush is the messiah for this country is that they cannot understand one simple principle. "
*"I think America has become a bastion of conservative fundies who want to take away my rights "
*"I can't believe the fucking asshats of this country could actually, in all conciousness, choose that fucking monkey-boy to run this country!! "
*"I feel like the country is full of asshats and we are out numbered, again. "
*"Ok there are a lot of stupid fucking people in this country "
*"Christian Right" vote. Those are what the rest of us refer to as "crazy fundamentalist fanatics."

These are all taken from IF BLOGS from the big list of blogs. She, (and I) and any other people who voted for Bush have no reason not to feel persecuted. This goes beyond venting. These are just plain mean. Julianna, I am sorry to see you go, feel free to visit me any time.
--Watched Pot-------  

At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
I won't go into detail here, out of respect to Julianna, but my husband wanted to add this, after he read all the mean comments:

"Save all comments for my expression of the truths relating to the anti-AMERICAN views that you [you as in the ones who threw insults] have all projected in your comments towards our great country. Liberalism is a disease, pay attention to "Watched Pot"; where I will respond later.
---"Wached Pot's" Husband U.S.M.C. Sgt.  

At 12:50 PM, Blogger Lisa said...
Julianna,

I wanted to e-mail you privately, but couldn't find an address, so I thought I'd post here.

THANK YOU for posting this. Thank you. You speak for more of us than you can imagine. We just don't have 1/10th of the courage you showed posting this.  

At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm sure I'll be the unpopular one here, but I was a bit surprised that some here are asking Julianna to continue writing, despite her intent to stop. It didn't seem to me that she was looking for people to convince her otherwise, and the "sad and pathetic" comment she added seemed to clarify her view of those attempts. As to all the things that were said on other blogs - some will disagree, some will be offended, some will stop reading, and some will give high fives. She's an adult. We don't all have to get along. I certainly don't want people to censor what they're writing so it's just a bunch of sticky baby vibes and "I love everyone" write-ups. I'm happy she was honest about why she's stopping rather than just drifting away. She was one of my favorite bloggers, but her blog is primarily for her, not for me.

Good luck on your journey, Julianna.

Liz  

At 8:52 PM, Blogger Julianna said...
Thank you Anna. Of course you are right and the "sad and pathetic" comment was aimed at people who have blogs and state "I am leaving" to get attention. I was trying to express that I am not one of those people.

Thank you to everyone for your comments and suggestions. I wish you the best.

Take care.  

At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Julianna, you are so not alone. I am repulsed and disgusted with the vitriol spewed on certain websites. folks I am in the trenches every day working and teaching low income students. If you are sitting in a beautiful home or in a cushy office venting about the dreadful Republican policies then maybe you should come to work with me one day and see the difference that welfare reform has made. Giveaway polices that the Dems espouse have just about ruined this country. With welfare reform my students know that they are going to have to work to support their children and they are buckling down and getting to it. I am a proud Republican. Well, not proud enough to post my name. It isn't common and I don't want anybody at work to google me.  

At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Juliana, I am so sorry that you are thinking of leaving. You are incredibly gutsy to stand up for what you believe in and to voice your anger instead of just disappearing. Can you please reconsider for those of us who are lurking and enjoy your blog? I know you did not write your last entry to get people begging you to stay but may I say a little something?

I live near San Francisco. I am 39 years old and am thinking of going to Stanford for IVF. Your story has been personal to me. I actually want letrozole now because of your blog and your fantastic egg results with that added to your protocol. I would have never known about letrozole had it not been for you. I want to know about what happens to you. I want to hear about TBW and whether or not she gets pregnant. You are my favorite blog and I look forward to your diary. You open your heart and soul and let me see I am not so different.

Please reconsider. Perhaps take a break. If you don't come back, just know that you have made a difference in one woman's life. Thank you.

A lurker named Patricia  

At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
I agree with every word you've said, Julianna. I'm starting my first IVF after several IUIs, and though I would have liked more in the community lately, for support & so forth, I've been avoiding the infertility blogs almost completely I never knew what juvenile nastiness might pop out at me when I was looking for support. Please, please, I know we've all had horrible experiences and so forth, but Bush didn't pass the Thou Shalt Be Barefoot, Pregnant And Unemployed Act in his first term and he ain't gonna do it in his second. Reacting like he personally wants to destroy you because just because he's EVIL is a real turn-off, especially when done in terms that would rightfully be dismissed if a right-winger had said them. And considering that the man's wife experienced infertility and severe pre-eclampsia, who knows, maybe he's had a thought or two about the horrors of infertility in his time. Or maybe not. But for heaven's sake, enough with the Chicken Little stuff.

I'm only sorry that you're leaving; I've liked your blog very much. I'll keep you on my bookmarks, in case you decide to come back after a break. If not - I wish the very best luck in all of your endeavours and would also like to congratulate you in advance on the day you become a mother; however your children arrive. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences here.

~Sonetka
(sonetka@yahoo.com)  

At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Becky,
I feel that you used my comment out of context in your effort to make your point. Here is the full text of what I wrote:

"Rachel and Lisa, your side won, fair and square. I'm willing to accept that, even if it seems unbelievable to me right now. So why don't you go gloat somewhere else and leave us be? Why are you here trying to shit on our misery and grief? It is THE DAY AFTER the election, for pete's sake. How "grown up" and tolerant would you be right now if things had gone the other way?"

I think that it is pretty obvious that I was responding to two particular people who posted criticisms of other commenters and who I felt were trying to deny me my right to grieve. Yes, it is just politics, but this particular election has been atypical to put it mildly. My particular comment was not an insult to Republicans in general. Your point is legitimate, but you don't need to make it by manipulating the data.

Julianna,
I'm sorry that you feel the way you do. Your voice will be missed.

Kimm  

At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Thank you for posting this, Julianna. I, as well, have been feeling the turmoil in the infertility blogosphere the past week. What really upsets me is that people who pride themselves on being open-minded can be so closed-minded about those who disagree with them. I voted for Bush, but I can understand why someone would vote for Kerry. I have really felt, this past week, that many Kerry-voters do not understand why someone could ever vote the way I did, and are not making the effort to understand. A commenter on one blog I read, who was pro-Bush and anti-gay marriage, got about five responding comments blasting her. I think one even (ironically) accused her of hate. Sure, there has been hating on both sides this past week, but what blows my mind is that most of it is coming from those who claim to be against hate. It is really disheartening. Bravo, Julianna, for posting about it so eloquently.

-Elizabeth at ennorath.typepad.com  

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Dee said...
Julianna, I will dearly miss your voice in this community. As a fellow Republican and Bush voter, I am sorry that there are people who said some really assinine and hurtful things to you simply because of their opposing political views. I'll miss your presence on the "Republican infertility island" and I hope that your journey to your children soon comes to its happy ending. You will be in my thoughts and if you ever need a shoulder to cry on or someone to laugh/curse/scream with, please feel free to e-mail me. I'll miss you my friend, your bravery, your kindness, and your voice...tremendously.  

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Miss X said...
Juliana,
If you go I understand, but please know that I will deeply miss you. You have been so encouraging and it has meant so much to me.
If my blog was one of the ones that offended you, I am deeply sorry as it was never my intent. I'm a passionate democrat, but my husband is a repulican and I certainly respect all views.
Anyway, no matter what you decide I wish nothing but wonderful blessings on you. You will always be in my prayers.  

At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
How To Win Friends And Influence People. To add to Becky's list, there is so much more. Here are just a few:

"Apparently, by a slim majority, this country is inhabited by those who suck large quantities of dead penguin dick" said by Julia. People are penguin dicks who didn't vote for her candidate. nice.


" ANYBODY WHO VOTES FOR BUSH IS EITHER BOTH VERY RICH AND EVIL OR WILLFULLY IGNORANT!" said by Jo at Leery Polyp - that needs no editorial from me.

"Today I am not proud to be an American. I am afraid. I'm more afraid of what we're doing to ourselves, and what we're saying about how we view people with sexual orientation that may be different than our own, and how we view a woman's body, than I am about terrorism. I'm more afraid of us than I am of anything." said by Karen at Naked Ovary - she is afraid of us who voted for Bush.


If you want to see a foreigner who loves America when she can take from it - go to:
http://lifesjestbook.typepad.com/menita/2004/10/love_of_country.html#comments The comments there are interesting also.


"I hate the smugness of the people I know who've voted for Bush. I hate the way they look down upon people who are different from them,, the poor, the non-white, the uneducated. Julianna wrote: It must be amazing to truly be that arrogant that your way is the only way. It must be wonderful. Yes. That's exactly how I feel about the people I know who voted for Bush. The hubris takes my breath away. In my opinion, George W Bush has done more to ruin my country, my America, than Osama bin Laden ever could." said by oromendiades - where oh where are the insults to Democrats and the smugness you describe on IF blogs? WHERE?? Why don't you tell my SIL who lost her brother on 911 how you would have handled the situation. The insults were completely one sided on IF blogs.


"I wouldn't have minded the post at all if it hadn't been clear that she voted for Bush and liked Bush and hadn't just scolded the liberals.I've had Bush supporters be incredibly rude to me b/c of my views and to act as if any one party has cornered the market on emotional rhetoric undermines the credibility of the person pointing fingers." said by Michelle. huh? what? Where did Juliana scold the liberals? She scolded the rude people who were insulting voters. There is a difference.

I challenge anyone to find insults directed at Kerry voters. Personal insults to the voters. I do think that Juliana was right about a feeding frenzy of hate and it got out of control. They all seemed to feed off of each other and I would like to think they forgot about who their audience is. That is what I would like to think anyway.

Can't we all just get along?

Juliana, I hope I don't offend you but can you just think about everything? Your hormones are going insane after IVF, as you can see, I was also offended by so many personal hate filled comments. We are all in pain and need each other. Just ignore the women who threw out insults that bugged you because you can still get the support you have said so many times you appreciated. I miss you already and hope you come back after your vacation.

Signed,
A fellow blogger  

At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
What the eff is going on here? I go out of town for the weekend and all hell breaks loose? Julianna, just ignore the angry babies. It only happens once every 4 years. If they keep on having political blogs then just take them off of your list! It is so easy. Just take them off your list if you don't like them! Alright. Come back in this room! Right now! I am going to whoop some butt like Chris said.

April  

At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Dearest J,
Geez, I am gone for a couple days on bedrest, and mayhem breaks out!! What the hell is going on here?? YOU?? LEAVING?? I don't think so!!

Listen, as you know from reading my blog, I am NOT a W fan, nor (as you pointed out) are some of the other bloggers. That never stopped you before from communicating within the room. There have been jokes about you being a "cool republican". HA HA. Not so funny now, I guess. You have so many good things to contribute here, don't let some flying off the handle get you down. Who cares if we didn't vote for the same man? We are still in the same shoes and we love and support each other in other ways.

I am a loudmouth and opinionated, I know. And you know what? I will not make excuses nor apologize for expressing myself on MY blog about something near and dear to my heart. And you shouldn't, either! That's what blogs are for. Those that don't like it, don't need to read it. Or as I like to say it, well, they can just fuck off.

I don't have to tell you that this election was extrodinary in tearing this country apart. Many people (including myself) are scared of what the future may bring. My parents may move to Canada, they feel so strongly. CANADA! It's a tough time right now for many liberals, so tempers and feelings will fly. But give it time, huh? Like someone else said (soper?) pretty soon we'll all be back bitching about doctors and keeping our liberal thoughts to ourselves (for the most part!).

Peace and love,
JenH / VintageUterus  

At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
STOP ASKING THIS BITCH CUNT TO STAY. HOPEFULLY HER BUSH LOVING FRIENDS WILL LEAVE TO. HOLD THE DOOR OPEN FOR THEM AND START THE APPLAUSE FOR THEIR EXIT. STANDING HERE AND GIVING THEM A STANDING OVATION TO LEAVE. STUPID, IGNORANT BITCH.  

At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Yeah, OK anon. That's just fucking mean.

It's so annoying when people hide behind "anonymous" isn't it?

JenH (again) Vintage Uterus  

At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Julianna, I hope you can find a way to stay. I think there are certain times not to read specific blogs. For example, I'm not reading very many, if any, pregnancy blogs right now. Anyways, there was an interesting discussion going on at this blog http://joyunexpected.com/ Nov. 4th about this issue.

Take care,
Marla  

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Julianna said...
Anon....I don't even know what to say. I am speechless. Yep. speechless. Glad to see someone happy. Are you still standing and clapping?

I really love so many of you. How weird is that?

Oro and Jen......thank you.

Marla, I just finished reading about what you posted and it was so prophetic. You are such an amazing woman. A tender, loving, understanding, amazing woman. Thank you for sharing that.

I still linger, I still read IF blogs, I occasionally comment.

I wish none of us ever had to know about each other. I wish we were all raising our families like everyone else. I wish none of us ever had to spell check "infertility".  

At 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Anon - just for the record, "too" meaning "also" is spelt "too" and not "to". At least be gramatically correct in your total and utter ignorance of how to conduct yourself in any kind of decent manner. Pillock. (UK version of asshole!)

Julianna - I have only recently discovered your blog, and have been hugely moved by your experiences. If you stay, great & I'll carry on reading. If you go, then Godspeed.

Jenny (t'other side of the Pond)  

At 5:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Anon - just for the record, "too" meaning "also" is spelt "too" and not "to". At least be gramatically correct in your total and utter ignorance of how to conduct yourself in any kind of decent manner. Pillock. (UK version of asshole!)

Julianna - I have only recently discovered your blog, and have been hugely moved by your experiences. If you stay, great & I'll carry on reading. If you go, then Godspeed.

Jenny (t'other side of the Pond)  

At 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oops!

Effect TOTALLY ruined by somehow managing to post my comment twice. Bloody technology!

Jenny (still on t'other side of Pond & blushing!)  

At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
“Juvenile, arrogant, pathetic, sad, nasty, hate filled, spitting…”

A bit of the pot calling the kettle black, wouldn’t you say? How hypocritical of you to say those who were against Bush were wrong for voicing their opinions when you (and your fellow Bush supporters) turn around and say these same hate-filled things back at us. Since when do two wrongs make a right?

Here is another quote from your post, “This is the internet. It is your own blog. It is a free society.” That is exactly right. It is our own blog, just as it is your own blog. It is our personal journal that we all feel compelled to share with countless others in this world. We will never all be the same or share the same views. We have something that puts un all in the same room, but we are bound to find things that separate us as well.

Just because you are on the other side of the fence doesn’t give you a free pass to look down your nose at us when we are all very upset about the direction we feel our country is headed. If you don’t share the opinion, fine. But I really think you should at least open your mind to the fact that this country is severely divided. You definitely didn’t help close the divide with a post like this. So if you feel that burrying your head in the sand and shutting down your blog just because all of our political views don’t match is the best option for you – you’re just one click away.

Best of luck to you.

B
Daydream Desires  

At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
STUPID BITCH IT IS SPELLED SPEACHLESS. S.P.E.A.C.H.L.E.S.S. THE FUTURE WORLD WILL BE A BETTER PLACE WITHOUT YOUR OFFSPRING IN IT.  

At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh, Anon, you're actually great comedy value. It is "speechless" not your illiterate version. Go swallow a dictionary & learn some new words.

Jenny (the Pond one)  

At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Actually, anonymous, it's "Speechless". Learn to spell.

Julianna, I've always liked your blog and comments, and I'm sorry that you're leaving. To play devil's advocate for a second, I'll just say that, in MY opinion, when you are afraid that something you love is in danger (your air, your family, your sisters and girlfriends, your neighbors, your gay friends, etc.) you should NEVER stop talking about it. I don't hate people who voted for Bush, but to be perfectly honest, I cannot understand why anyone would. I try not to lash out, but it's my body, my planet, my friends who are going to pay for this man's mistakes, and the anger is very fresh, very close to the surface. I'm just stating this to hopefully share the perspective of some of the bloggers who have upset you - it's so much more complicated than just a disagreement over how our tax dollars should be spent. The fear and anger run deep. It's very difficult (impossible, maybe) to just "move on" so quickly. I know I can't.  

At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oops - Did not mean to post anonymously. The above post is mine.

-kate
happyphantom5736@yahoo.com  

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Motherhood for the Weak said...
Julianna:

First, let me apologize that my comments were taken from another website by a troll and used to hurt you. I would almost think the troll wanted to make you feel even more unwelcome.

I purposely did not post a comment on your latest blog entry as I don't agree with you and I thought anything I had to say would be counterproductive, which is why I took my thoughts on the issue elsewhere. In the end, it appears no matter what my intentions were, my thoughts and opinions are being used as a weapon, without my knowledge or permission, to further divide people. A situation for which I am truly sorry and if I could take back my comments on Birch and Maple I would do so.

And since the troll has been such a paragon of the very behavior it denounces, I find I now want to comment on the issues you raised so that at least you hear it directly from me and not in the form of heresay. It's not that I didn't want to share my opinion, I just thought it prudent to avoid needless conflict.

You have a right to your feelings, opinions, and viewpoints. So does everyone else, which is why I found it so difficult to agree with your viewpoint.

I did also feel that your thoughts were slanted, conservatives against the liberals, us against them. I think there has been quite a bit of inflammatory behavior on both sides to the point where no party can claim to be without guilt. And note that I'm talking about the entire nation here, not just the IF blogosphere.

So yes, I don't find your post all that credible because I don't think anyone is innocent, myself included.

Ultimately, I'm sorry I said anything as I never wanted to have my opinions used to hurt someone else or used to cast other peoples' opinions in a negative light.

I may disagree with you, but that doesn't mean I hate you or think less of you as a person. I am not a troll.

I'm sorry you feel so alienated from the other women struggling with infertility, but there is room in this community for you.

Only by accepting our differences can we truly build a community strong enough to support us all through the hell of infertility.

I am willing to accept your viewpoint and support the choices you make, if you are willing to do the same for me.

Michelle  

At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh, I lost your email address. Please send it to me at some point. I'm probably not going to post my referral picture, but rather send it to the folks I "know" privately.

Marla  

At 2:02 PM, Blogger Julianna said...
Michelle and Oro, you are such classy women. Amazing and classy women. Thank you for your eloquent words and I appreciate the time it took for you to post your comments.

To anonymous troll, thank you for the laugh. I bet you cringed when you came back here and saw your error. Really, TOO funny.  

At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
To Anon who posted my comments above and said I was "afraid" of Republicans: Please don't take my posts out of context. I said I was afraid, I did not say I was afraid of you in particular. I'm afraid of how divided this country has been. I know it's been divided before, but in the world we live in right now, it sucks to see women that are normally friendly with one another get so upset over political differences. Thank you.

Julianna, I hope that you're feeling better about the whole thing. We feel differently about who we voted for, but you know, I bet we have a lot more in common than we'd think.

I'm so sorry that some asshole is trolling your site and saying horrible things to you. You don't deserve that, and whoever it is needs to leave you the hell alone.

Take care sweets,
Karen/Naked ovary  

Post a Comment  •  Home