
From Anna's Garden
What a difference a week makes. Just a week ago, I said that there was not enough glue in the world to put the pieces of me back together again and I am now mostly pasted together.
I still find a piece here and there that I need to put back, but I'm coming around.
Having a goal helps tremendously. I am thinking of IVF#3 and what that might mean. At least I can think of something that gives me hope.
I have not talked to M. about it again since he brought it up last weekend. It is not time. I am not ready.
I have been wrapped up in my own little ovary world since June. I have spent this summer stimming and waiting and praying and hoping. I have had my heart ripped to shreds.
My body has produced over 2 years worth of eggs in the past several months. It has done me proud. It was not without a price however.
I am having a hard time accepting the fact that it all failed. $33,000 and countless hours of doctor's appointments and traveling to and fro and the toll on my body and a summer of my life dedicated to the aggressive treatment to no avail.
I am usually very lucky. I work very hard for something I want and I usually get it. I am very blessed that way. Sometimes, it is interesting to see people like me fall on my face, to see me fail. Homecoming Queen has shit summer of 2004.
My girlfriend asked me a great question. "If you could give up everything you have, your loving husband, your beautiful home, living in wine country with all of your social activities or still being single and having a baby, what would you choose?"
Without a doubt, I'd rather be me, right here. But I want it all. Waaaa waaa waaaa.
Part of my life luck is that I look on the bright side of things. I make myself be grateful and I try not to be a victim so it gives the false impression that everything in my life is wonderful.
So, here I begin my journey of getting back into the world. I am going to sign up for yoga classes this afternoon. I used to do yoga 4 - 5 times a week until we moved here but now there is a new yoga studio so I will go sign up. Yoga did not help me get pregnant my first year and a half of marriage when I wasn't stressed so I am not thinking that it will be the magic bullet that pushes me to pregnancy.
I am thinking of acupuncture. I used to have a great acupuncturist in L.A., but the man I want to see here is an hour away and I don't really know that I am up to committing to the many appointments and commute hours. I am tired of commuting and appointments. What if acupuncture is the magic bullet? Oh well.
All these magic bullets just piss me off when everything fails. It is just fuel for my bitter, angry fire.
That is also why I need a break. I am pissed that I did everything right. I could have made more plans, gone to more parties, played golf more but the worst is not wanting to make plans because of IVF. I can't plan trips or make future commitments. That is what pisses me off later. Everything that I stopped in my life, put on pause for nothing. It completely sucks.
Just last week, I didn't want to make holiday plans. I will not fly when I am pregnant. I just think what flying does to my ears, I don't want to do anything to the baby. So, now I can make my holiday plans. We are going to South Carolina for Thanksgiving and Boston for Christmas. It feels good to be free to plan.
I would love for IVF#3 to begin in December. By that, I mean I want to start taking the BCP's in December so when I get back, I will be ready to start stimming again.
I may be jumping the gun because M. and I have not even made a follow up appointment with Dr. Beautiful. She may say that I am hopeless. That is my fear anyway.
So, anyway, I am going to go to the driving range this afternoon. Dusting off my shoes and twisting my ovaries out there. I know I am going to hear over and over again "Where have you been!" because most of them didn't know my life's story. I think I am just going to say "I have been ill" or "I have been having medical treatment" but that only leads to more questions. We'll see how it goes. Perhaps no one will even notice I've been gone. How arrogant of me to think that anyone really cares out there.
That would be funny. Really shit summer of 2004 and no one even knew she was gone!
Here is to me and getting back in the swing of things.


