Sunday, October 17, 2004
Certifiable and An "I'm Sorry"
My breasts have been so sore today and I just thought, goody....maybe I am pregnant and then had to remind myself.......ohhhhhhhhh........wait.....it didn't work.

It is hard to let it go. It is hard to realize that it is over.

I went to my lovely M. who is busy working in his office, and said that I was just excited that my breasts were sore until I realized I couldn't be pregnant, that it didn't work. I told him I didn't think it has sunk in yet.

I then went on to tell him that it is kind of like when our little poodle died when I was in high school..........I called for little Mimi to go outside for months after she was gone.

Let's just be glad he didn't catch me singing in the mirror.

He said "I'm calling your mother. I'm getting worried about you."

He said it with humor and it made me laugh. Any little smile or chuckle is priceless these days.








P.S. A huge I AM SORRY to anyone who has had a miscarriage. I think I have posted over and over that I don't know how anyone breathes, carries on after that much pain, that I cannot imagine. My reference to a miscarriage was distasteful and unintentional. You'd have to be in my sick brain to understand why I would type such a thing. I just feel like such a failure. I can't even go past GO. I am very sorry.

posted by Julianna · 10/17/2004

5 Comments:
At 3:52 AM, Blogger Sandy said...
Hey Julianna: Two things from me this morning. First, no need to apologize in my mind. At least to me. If you can't work this stuff out by blogging out loud, then we're all in big trouble here in blog land.

Second, don't take the Sinead thing too far. Don't want to read that you were so inspired you shaved your head today ok?

One more thing. Thank you Emily for giving me a good chuckle this morning. Sucking donkey balls is officially my new great line for the day!  

At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Regarding the miscarriage thing, I think we knew where you are coming from. No need to apologize to me.  

At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
No need to apologize to anyone Julianna. I think it will take a while for all of this to sink in. Give yourself time.

I like what Sandy said, "just don't go shaving your head or anything". Then we will begin to worry. You are doing great.

April  

At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Julianna sweetie, no need to apologize for me because I completely understood where you were coming from. Even though I have the two experiences to compare with (no pregnancies vs. seeing a positive and then miscarrying) I'm here to tell you that for me, the pain is exactly the same and that's the thing about IF it sucks, no matter what. Yes it does, it sucks big donkey balls because in the end we all lose because it doesn't matter if you never get pregnant or miscarry or whatever, you still don't have a baby and that's what we all really want.

Thinking of you and sending lots of love your way.

Emily
scrambledeggs  

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Julianna - I'm doing my first IVF next month; have already miscarried a couple of times (the second was over almost before I knew it had begun, but it was no less distressing). Please don't feel bad about thinking of your experience as a miscarriage. When you get right down to it, a miscarriage is when you have an embryo in you - and then you don't. It existed, and then ceased existing. It may not be technically a miscarriage, but it's as near as makes very little difference. Don't reproach yourself for it - it's natural.

- Sonetka  

Post a Comment  •  Home