Sunday, October 10, 2004
Positive Thoughts Do Not a Child Make
If positive thoughts were what helped with childbearing, I'd have ten children by now. I never thought negatively my first year of marriage. After I discovered OPK's, I had pregnancy symptoms after the positive surge signal and was shocked when I started my period. My first IUI, had me with early morning sickness signs after the first few days.

My first IVF, left me wondering what I was going to do with the triplets and then the problem of so many frozen embryos that would most assuredly be left over.

Being positive has knocked me on my ass. I have been bitch slapped for years by positive thinking. I was slapped so hard back in July that I didn't know that I would every walk upright again.

Interesting that when I had my little episode of fear and anxiety associated with the idea of possible failure, I heard more than five - 5 - people say that I was going to harm/bother/hurt/cause failure to my embryos that are hopefully still somewhere inside my vast uterus of hope.




Dear friends and family,

If my positive thoughts for the past three years were not able to make a DENT in the possibility of a positive pregnancy test, 36 hours of fear and anxiety is not going to abort the current situation so please leave me the fuck alone and let me be scared if that is what I need to be right now. I happen to be scared shitless and I refuse to pretend to be anything other than what I am. If crack whores can have babies, my slight anxiety will not cause these embryos to stop embedding if that is what they decided to do at day 7 of their little fertilized lives. I am actually doing amazingly well but I think I have spoiled you with my great spirits. My spirit is fragile. I am weak and I am scared and that is okay. I have a lot - as in hell of a fucking lot - riding on Tuesday. It is enough to cause one anxiety and fear.

The End.





I am actually still 80% positive that I will get good news Tuesday but, alas, that is my nature. The other 20% has a voice this time that I hear. I wish I was deaf.

Tic ........tic.................tic.............toc
posted by Julianna · 10/10/2004

7 Comments:
At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Every encouraging thought I have, or can think of, is with you. Sieblonde  

At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Sending lots of prayers your way.

Lots of love,
Emily
scrambledeggs  

At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh Julianna, I think you have described that perfectly. One is constantly torn between the optimism - which is not so hard to generate - and the knowledge that that very optimism is what will increase the pain one hundredfold if it turns out to be misplaced.

AND to have fuckwits on top of that suggest that whether or not you feel optimistic has any effect on success is unbearable. You feel whatever you need to feel - think whatever you need to think - protect yourself however you can.

My dear, I hope that you are getting off this insane merry-go-round tomorrow.

Kim
Pillow Talk  

At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Great letter, J.
Liked the bit about crack whores - spot on.
Wishing good things like crazy for you tomorrow.
big hug,
Menita
(lifesjestbook)  

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Dee said...
Excellent post Julianna--really right on with the anxiety thing. Go for it, you're more than entitled.

Know that I'm sending lots of good thoughts and love your way.  

At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
You're doing really well. Hang in there and tons of luck tomorrow.  

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Sandy said...
I just wanted to let you know I'm still here, thinking thoughts of strength for you. These one step at a time days are hellishly long aren't they? Tomorrow is almost here my friend. Keep on keeping on ... you're doing great.  

Post a Comment  •  Home