Thursday, November 04, 2004
On Kindness
I was going to write my weekly update on The Bosses Wife (TBW) ridiculous statements of the week - OHHHHHHHHh - what the hell. I'll be quick. To refresh: TBW is the only woman on the planet who is doing IVF#1 and she doesn't want to have a baby. She started her injections on Monday. Said by TBW this week:
TBW: "Julianna, I am so scared."
Me: "What are you scared of?"
TBW: "I am scared that I am going to get pregnant and I like my life the way it is"
Me: "Well, I'm scared you'll get pregnant too then."

NEXT
TBW: "Julianna, I have my two dogs in my car today. I want you to come see them"
Me: going reluctantly to her car to see her dogs
TBW: "Which one do you want to take home? It will make you feel better."
Me: "I wish it was as simple as getting a dog"

NEXT
TBW: "Look at these pants, they are extra small and look how much they are bagging on me. Do you think I'll get bigger the more I do injections?"
Me: "Get out of my fucking room you fucking cunt" okay.......that is a lie.....I didn't say that, I just thought it.

NEXT
TBW: "I am doing IVF and I don't want it to work" to every Tom, Dick and Harry who happens to have a conversation with her.


I am so out the door of that place if that woman gets pregnant. Actually, I have one foot out the door already.

Between her and Star Jones, I will vomit if either of them get pregnant. Star was getting pregnancy advise on her show today because she wants to get pregnant ASAP. The gall to announce something like that on TV and at her age. I want her to publicly suffer from infertility and I wish upon her many failed IVFs.

I know..........I'm going to hell.


Now, for what happened this afternoon.

I had one of those stone massages. It was an hour and a half of pure delight. The massage therapist was very zen-like and healing.

I was on the verge of sleeping but I didn't want to miss the bliss.

As I was leaving, she told me to be kind to myself. She said that so many women are too difficult on themselves.

I was waiting to hear how I need to relax etc. etc....etc......

But she went on to say that I needed to be kind to my body. She said that many women punish their bodies for failing them. She said that my body has done amazing things and to be kind to it.

I have been cracking a whip on my body and then punishing it after working so hard. I need to be kinder to myself. I need to nurture that little girl's body inside of me. I need to be kinder to her.

I need to practice random acts of kindness on myself.


posted by Julianna · 11/04/2004

11 Comments:
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Sandy said...
I love that thought...practice random acts of kindness on yourself! Good for you my friend. I don't have any, as you call it, "assvice" re: TBW ... it's just unfair some days ... so incredibly unfair.  

At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
I hate that straight up snatch that your boss has married. She's afraid IVF will work? WTF? You just know that not only will she get pregnant, she'll get pregnant with twins. What an insensitive bitch for saying those things to you after she knows what you've been through. Sometimes you really do just need to call a cunt a cunt. I'm so sorry you have to endure that, I really am.

Yes, be kind to yourself, very kind. I'm going for a massage on Saturday and she's amazing. Maybe she can rub away some of the meaness that I've been feeling lately...nah, probably not possible, LOL.

xxxxoooo,
Emily
scrambledeggs  

At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hi, I just happened to stumble upon your blog and it really touched my heart. I just wanna encourage you and let you know that God hears your cries. Seek Him and He will give you the desires of your heart. He is waiting for you to come to Him. He loves you.  

At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
I think the "too hard on yourself" is a recessive gene. Not all of my family members have it, but I sure do.

marla  

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Colette said...
Again, TBW's insensitivity just boggles my mind. My only advice to you is, CONSIDER THE SOURCE. She is pathetic, plain and simple. Maybe if you can make a conscious effort to tune her out (a la Charlotte on 'Sex and the City' when the preggo with the gay husband was yammering on about how acupuncture got her pregnant -- if you haven't seen it, you really must watch that episode) when she is spewing her verbal diarrhea, you may actually find it works. Other than that, some brutal honesty may be in order.

I wholeheartedly agree that you *definitely* need to be kinder to yourself. Do not be afraid of a little pampering. It can help you to remember who YOU are.

Hugs,

Colette  

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Kath said...
Unfortunatly we all know that TBW will get pregnant on her first IVF, with B/G twins, bitch endlessly throughout it all and then offer sympathy/pity whatever to everyone she meets going on IVF as she knows her month of infertility bares the same cross as our years.

I can see the double pink line from here.  

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Julianna said...
It actually quite sad that TBW is using IVF as a way to get attention. I almost get the feeling that IVF is trendy for her. Almost like she is doing what celebrities are doing, it is absolutely mind boggling. I can't tell you how difficult it is to be around her. My DH actually wants me to stay working there just to see if she does get pregnant. I will never know if I leave now. It is completely ridiculous and evil but I will be secretly happy if her IVF fails. I want to witness it. If she does get pregnant (like Kath said, with B/G twins first time and dolling out advice), I will be completely pissed off and will wish I had left sooner.

I forgot to mention she wants me to come to her house for Christmas. The woman is mentally ill........that, or on crack.  

At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
I really just can't see Star Jones getting pregnant. There's just something about her and growing an innocent human being that don't go together. But then, I'm still not convinced she isn't a man.

And your boss's wife? How insane is that woman? I think you should start getting snarkily passive aggressive with her.  

At 10:41 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...
**Totally unrelated*** Thank you for your comment on Stacy's blog (underproductive/reproductive) you mirrored my thoughts exactly. I joined for the IF BLOGing community, not to be bashed by a FLOGing communtiy. I also think Horkin Ramblins put it best. **Now back to our regularly scheduled IF BLOG***
--Watched Pot  

At 3:30 AM, Blogger Stacy said...
Julianna, thanks for your post on my blog. I woke up this morning expecting to have been flamed for my post on peoples reactions to the election. It was nice to read your comments.

In regard to your bosses wife, someone said it sounds like she is doing IVF just because its trendy and I think they are right. What a shame she has to be such an ass. I do admire your ability to stick it out there at your job.  

At 11:09 AM, Blogger Stacy said...
...and thanks for the compliment on my eyes!  

Post a Comment  •  Home