Tuesday, November 30, 2004
I Am Finally Ready
I am very pleased to announce that TBW is NOT pregnant. Her beta was negative. Apparently she is okay with it and ready to begin IVF #2 ASAP. She will be in the office tomorrow and although many scenarios have filled my head, I will take the high road. I have been very affected by her passive aggressive maliciousness towards me and I needed some distance from the situation to try to sort it out.

I discovered that I am more upset with myself for standing silently while she carried on with her insensitive antics. I am mad at me. I am pissed at myself for not taking care of that little girl inside of me who was hurting so much.

She is The Bosses Wife and she abuses that "power". The truth of the matter is that I don't need to work there so she really has no power over me, not like if I was single and trying to make a mortgage payment.

The dilemma has been that I like to have my own money. My husband is as tight as a tic and I make good money. When we moved here 2 years ago, I left 6 (six!) dental offices before I found this one that I love. There are so many unethical dentists and I absolutely refuse to work for someone I wouldn't want working in my own mouth. I finally found a dentist with great professional ethics and values.

It is very important for me to get out amoung the living. I love my schedule, I work two days a week. Everything has been splendid until TBW graduated from dental hygiene school two months ago and is now working in the office of her husband. She even has the nerve to tell me what to do. That gets my gall. I have been a dental hygienist for 17 years, in much more prestigious offices than her husbands, and she has the absolute nerve to tell me what to do and how to do things. I am a snotty bitch deep inside and I have absolutely no regard for her but I am left to pretend.

I hate pretending.

I stand there smiling or staring at the floor as she spews ridiculous sentences from her mouth. She is evil with a big huge grin. I find myself at a loss.

I still don't know what I will say or do tomorrow when she comes into the office. If I were less than what I am, I would tell her to get another dog or any number of echoes of herself.

I do know that I could not have stood another day there if she had been pregnant. It would have been intolerable.

I cannot stand that woman but hating her only gives her power over me.

I will wish her well and probably ask that she not discuss IVF with me anymore, that it upsets me too much. I need to set the boundaries and protect myself from her. I want to be proud of the way I handle the situation and that is the struggle.

I am extremely pleased that her IVF did not work. Extremely pleased.

I feel a change in the air. A very good change. It seems that there has been so much bad news in blogland, but recently, there is good news around. Today is the first day that I have felt light. I feel hopeful again. I am ready for my next IVF. I am finally ready to start that ball rolling.

I do not want to have high hopes. I want to temper myself. It is so very difficult to go through everything that involves IVF and remain logical and distant. It is impossible. To do IVF, one must have unending hope.

I am trying to stay balanced while walking an IVF tightrope. I don't want to get hurt so that means I must not hope so much.

I am a hopeful girl.




posted by Julianna · 11/30/2004

8 Comments:
At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh, my goodness. I was really waiting on this one. Half of me thought there's no way it could happen, like all the negative thoughts she had about it had to have some effect. But most of me knows that life isn't fair when it comes to these things and I just figured that she'd probably get pregnant and stay fairly skinny in the process.

Anyway, I think your boss must be a nut or something to be married to her. Maybe she's exceptionally, um, talented. Anyway, hang in there.

Oh, and thanks for Aunt Chessie's tips. I'll be using the vegetable one (adding the fat to the water). My very healthy SIL would be mortified!  

At 7:36 AM, Blogger ~L said...
I think that your plan of asking the boss's wife not to discuss IVF w/you is a good one. Although I'll be interested to know if she's so vocal about "not wanting it to work" now that she knows that she's not quite as bulletproof as she thought in this IF business, you know? Honestly, she sounds totally repulsive.  

At 9:40 AM, Blogger ankaisa said...
I'm so glad that TBW is NOT pregnant. I hope she learns something along the way.

And yes, you need hope to go through cycles of IVF. I don't know what TBW has or why she does it, but any normal person can not stay detached during a cycle. And that hope is why failed cycles hurt so much!  

At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Wow, I'm really surprised that the beta was negative. Really surprised.

Yeah, what Grrl said...hahahahahahaha, loved that.

It's important that you set boundaries and just let her know that you don't want to discuss this with her. There aren't too many good things to say about infertility, but the ability to stand up for yourself seems to come along with it because after dealing with years of this heartache and disappointment, there's only so much crap one person can take.

Hey, if you don't need the job, then don't subject yourself to a life of unhappiness there. Life's much too short for that and there are other jobs.

xxxxooo,
Emily
scrambledeggs  

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Miss X said...
I am thrilled to hear that TBW is NOT pg! I guess there is some justice in this world...
Glad you are back!  

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Colette said...
J,

I'm totally in your corner and echo a lot of what has been said. I agree that you need to set some boundaries and perhaps even assess where you are work-wise. Your well-being -- both emotional and physical -- is what's most important here. Having to work with a toxic person can only do more harm than good in the long run, no matter how many boundaries are set. You're a human being with emotions, after all. None of us are made of stone no matter how much we repeat the 'I am strong' mantra.

That said, I am feeling so positive from having read your latest entry. Kudos to you for the great attitude!

Colette  

At 6:58 PM, Blogger Sandy said...
Hey friend! Glad you're back and that you're feeling lighter. Goals are good. Welcome home.  

At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
I am just so relieved that she is not pg!

-beaver girl  

Post a Comment  •  Home