Saturday, February 05, 2005
In A Funk
As I try to figure out what I am going to do, I am busy cooking.

I cannot imagine that this is really over. Between you and me, I am not quitting. Not yet.

If/when it is over, I had to wonder about a new category for the blogrolls.

Perhaps, Got Their Ass Whooped or maybe, Bankrupt Babes Without Babes.

I'll let y'all know when I need to be moved.

Shout out to BlogMoxie who is supposed to be making my blog pretty! Um....Hello??? My shabby chic and vintage baby shoe idea may be outdated soon.

I was going to have the web designer help me with a blogroll of my own because my template is full of so many attempts that I am surprised my blog still publishes. I still love Milenka and Julie's for infertiles but I have other friends - shout out to the U.K. blogs I adore! That would be nice if I could link the other blogs I read. In the meantime, this will have to do because I am a tech moron.

I received a neat gift from one of my party guests this week:


Deviled Eggmania Posted by Hello

Did you know?

1. If you place the egg carton on its side the night before cooking, the yolks will be perfectly centered?

2. Place eggs in a pot with cold water (single layer with water 1 inch above eggs) and when it comes to a boil, take it off the heat and cover for 10-15 minutes. They will be perfect and tender with bright, yellow centers.

3. Place in ice cold water and start to peel after chilled. The longer you wait, the harder they can be to peel.

4. Start at the fat side of the egg, there is an air pocket that will usually loosen the shell and membrane.

5. The fresher the eggs, the more difficult to peel.

6. Doesn't matter if you use brown, fertile, white, raised in a cage or free to roam, they all devil up the same.

7. Eggs are very delicate and need to be cooked as such, the heating of the sulfur in the yolk is what turns the yellows green and makes the whites rubbery.

8. The whites are very porous. You have to seal the eggs tightly in the refrigerator or the whites will absorb the other flavors nearby.

9. They are best if you can refrigerate overnight.

So far, I have made four of the recipes from the book, including one with caviar!

I am going to turn into a deviled egg.



So, in an eggshell, I am sad. I am trying to work through some stuff and I don't know where it will lead me.

In the meantime, would you care for an egg?

posted by Julianna · 2/05/2005

7 Comments:
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
I feel for you. I wonder if anyone really knows when it's over? Too bad there are no guidebooks for this kind of thing. Hang in there, buddy. Orphie  

At 1:06 AM, Blogger Cass said...
You inspired me to make deviled eggs tonight. (It helped that I had some less-than-fresh eggs in the fridge waiting to be used up!) So, I made eggs and was thinking of you. (Mine didn't have caviar, though. Mmmm, caviar!)  

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Kristin said...
Yum, yum...what acool gift that was!

JUst wanted to say I wish you the very best and truly hope you get your heart's desire.  

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...
Keep working through the sad stuff and we will keep eating the devilled eggs alongside you.  

At 4:06 PM, Blogger E. said...
I am here, hoping that you find happiness and peace.  

At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Thinking of you.

thisgirl  

At 12:16 PM, Blogger Cricket said...
Oh, Julianna,
Fellow expat from the land of fried okra (which I miss to pieces)...

What is the scoop on +/- pickles in the Grail Egg book? Any comments on sweet relish vs. chopped dill? What other cool things are added?

What about a good old fashioned egg salad sandwich? What would you add to that mixture?  

Post a Comment  •  Home