Wednesday, January 26, 2005
I Was Trying To Tinkerbell Along...***UPDATED WITH ?***
I was so glad to get off work early today. How lazy am I, that I work two days a week and I still grab any chance I can to get the heck out of that place.

The Bosses Wife stories later (doing IVF#2 - 14 eggs - 7 fertilized - transfer is tomorrow and she told me today that if they have triplets, she'll give me one!). I don't think I need to say anymore about TBW. That is it in a nutshell. I can't stand her.

So.........I'm drivin' home, mindin' my own beeswax and the car in front of me is weaving abruptly and I realize the driver is hitting the passenger. On a two lane highway (double yellow lines), he is hitting the passenger over and over and over again while weaving. I see the passenger hits back a few times and then the driver grabs a pony tail and that is when I realized he was beating a woman. He grabbed her pony tail and shoved her face down in his crotch two times - she didn't stay down long. For a good six miles, I was keeping my distance behind them watching the terror and I noticed there was a baby seat behind the driver and I swear I saw toddler arms waving a couple of times.

The highway ends in my town so I figured they lived here and I headed for where I thought the police department was located. I have lived here for 2 years and never needed to know where the police station is until today. I have no cell phone, as of last month, because I got a $360.00 bill and was pissed and told them to discontinue my service and I haven't bothered to go somewhere else to get a phone. So, after about 15 minutes of getting lost, I finally found the sheriff's department and went in with my notes on an elliptical machine brochure - the only paper I had in my car.

Anyway! I go in there, still shaking from the drama and the nice sheriff lady said my hand writing was awful.

I said: "I know. I was driving, I was nervous, that was the only paper I had and my ball point pen wouldn't write on that waxy brochure......wonder why that happens with pens on that kind of paper.......and of all times to have that kind of paper and only a ball point pen....."

It was about then that the nice sheriff lady gave me that look. The "WTF" look.

So, I shut up.

She kept writing down the wrong license plate number and car information because she was reading what I wrote and not listening to me tell her what my scribble meant. I knew how to read it, that is all that mattered.

She immediately got on her cb looking thing and called out to the troops and then came back to the bullet proof glass where I was and asked for my phone numbers - ("no....of course I don't have a cell, or I would have called y'all 30 minutes ago!") soooooooo........I came straight home and wouldn't you know that the sheriff called me about 45 minutes later.

"Mrs. Julianna?"

Before he could ask me any questions, I told him the entire story detail for detail until he stopped me and said they were at the subjects house. They were being questioned but they were both denying it and said they were playing a little bit with each other but nothing like what I described.


I said he hit her for 10 minutes or more and she fought back about 10% of the time - 90% of that time he was hitting her. I even described the pony tail head jerk and also mentioned that I thought I saw toddler arms in the car seat.

"Did you ever see them endanger the child?" he asked.

"No. I never saw them hit towards the back seat where the child was seated." I said.

"Well, they are both denying that any of that happened." he said.

"Excuse me sir, but I hardly made it up. Look at that ladies left arm......her upper arm. There is absolutely no way that I saw what I saw and her not have marks. That is where he was hitting mostly, on her upper left arm. He was driving wrecklessly and I was expecting to see an accident at any moment. He went over the double line at least twice onto oncoming traffic............" I remembered everything.

"They are both cooperating and say they were just playing." he said.

"You know what, I take it back, if they are both saying they were playing around then they were endangering that child and everyone else who happened to be on the road at that time.."

The conversation then turned to the road endangerment and he listened intently and said they would get back in contact with me.

I hope they were both hauled off to jail.

Fuck 'em.



So, that was my lovely afternoon off.............I wish I had stayed at work with TBW promising her left over babies to me.





*******UPDATE, NEED INPUT**********
Okay, I would love, ADORE, some opinions. M. is out of town (as he is many weeks) and when he phoned last night, I told him about my day. He is very upset that I turned them in. He says that I should have minded my own business and not gotten involved. He says that at best, we will be left alone. At worst, some thug and his lady have our information now and are most likely VERY pissed. When I told him that she was denying it, he said "of course and she will probably be with him for years and here you are trying to save the world". In all fairness, my husband is a Yankee, born and raised in Boston where he learned to mind his own business. Of course, I was raised differently. What would you have done?

posted by Julianna · 1/26/2005

22 Comments:
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Ugh. You get points for trying. And for having a good heart.

Plus, you didn't even try to kill TBW.  

At 7:22 PM, Blogger Kristin said...
Poor Julianna...what a shitty assed day that was.

TBW is a stupid evil twit. YOu are so much better than her any day of the week.

And those two fuckwads in the car, I'm glad you tried. Maybe someday she will remember that someone tried and that will give her the courage to get the hell out. You get major brownie points for trying to do good.  

At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Sigh. Yeah, they were just *playing* until the next time...

I hate TBW, I really do.

Thinking of you.

xxoo,
Emily  

At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Years ago I had the same thing happen to me. After a long night out some friends and I were driving home early in the morning. We were behind a car (not on the freeway) where this guy was smashing his passengers face (a woman) into the dash. It was so brutal it looked like he was trying to kill her. We had a cell phone and called the police. We gave the info and in the meantime followed the car. The guy realized that we were following him and tried to ditch us. We stayed on him and eventually the cops caught up. The woman did the same thing and denied it. Her face was completely smashed up and swollen but she still denied it. The cops arrested the guy anyway and months later we had the go to court to testify against him. Unfortunately they plea bargained the charge and we didn't have to speak. So he got community service or something equally stupid.

thisgirl
thisgirl.blog-city.com  

At 9:36 AM, Blogger E. said...
Oh my goodness, how horrible. And sad. Congratulations on doing your part as a concerned citizen.

As for TBW -- I'm sending her a virtual spit in the face. She is evil.  

At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Sorry, but I agree with your husband. When you get involved like that, you only open your life up to thugs and you get nothing out of it, except stress and possibly murdered. You really had nothing to gain and opened yourself up to a load of shit.

I know you meant well, but I would have gone on home and not let them into my world.

April  

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Lisa said...
Julianna,

I work sorta kinda in law enforcement (my boss is a judge) and trust me, they don't know who you are. The police more than likely told them they "received a complaint" about what was going on and came to check it out. They can't tell them WHO made the complaint.

You did the right thing. The next time (and there WILL be a next time) he does something, the police will already have knowledge of his history, thanks to you. And that is a GOOD THING.  

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Julianna said...
April! But what if she had gotten killed and I just sat back and did nothing?


Lisa. Thank you for commenting but I have a question. My husband says that if they were arrested and had to get an attorney, then that attorney will get all of my information (because I would be called as a witness) and thus the thugs will get my information. The sheriff only told me "we'll get back in touch with you if we have any questions". I am kind of worried, but your post made me feel better.  

At 11:14 AM, Blogger sweetisu said...
Gah why do people stick up to stupid stuff. This time is "play", next time it might be at the morgue...

I once had a roommate who had an abusive ex. She asked me for advice/help. I asked my brother to talk to the guy the next time he saw him. So the guy got talked to.
Not long after, she's screamin' bitches at me / my brother saying how we didn't have a right to interfere in her personal affairs.
WTF.

I think you did the right thing. Absolutely.  

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Lisa said...
Julianna,

Your husband is right about that. If they HAD arrested the man, eventually your name would be provided to his attorney through discovery. It's not like they'd give the defendant a slip of paper with your name, address, and phone number on it right from the get-go, though, like "Here's the lady that called the cops on you!" while he's leaving the jail. It's a little more complicated than that.

The important thing is, like I said before, even though they didn't arrest him, he's now a face to the police. With a history of abuse allegations against him. When it happens again, they'll remember him.

Now, I have a dental question. If using Crest Whitestrips makes a person scream in pain after, oh, 30 SECONDS, does that mean all forms of tooth whitening are now unavailable to him/her? How about laser?  

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Julianna said...
Hi Lisa. I actually posted when I first started my blog about "free dental advise" and I still get tons of hits from it and most of the questions are about bleaching teeth.

http://myeggsarecooked.blogspot.com/2004/08/free-dental-advise.html

In a nutshell, I hate crest white strips. They are expensive and give minimal results compared to the whitening trays and solution you can get in the dental office. Crest white strips are expensive and if your teeth are crooked, they do not adapt correctly. When I first started bleaching my teeth, it was about $500.....now you can get trays for half that much. They fit your teeth perfectly and there are varying strengths.......the problem......now hear me out on this.........

The problem is that people use WAY too much bleach when they use the trays. Don't do your back teeth, who cares! and I use just a small amount of bleach (dot size) on the bottom edge of each tooth........when I put my tray on, I squish the solution just up the enamel part of the tooth.........NOT THE ROOT!!!!! The root is not enamel and is very, very sensitive......especially if you use whitening or baking soda toothpaste. Lasers SUCK - especially Brite Smile..........HUGE RIP OFF if you ask me. The best is the whitening trays in the dental office made especially for your mouth, very comfortable and if you keep it on your enamel, you will be fine - don't touch the root or gum - it hurts. Fluoride helps with sensitivity (Gel Kam etc...) so if your teeth get sensitive on a daily basis and you can't drink cold drinks etc...anymore, then get your dentist to write you an RX for heavy duty fluoride.......

BTW: Tom's Toothpaste SUCKS too.......It is way too abrasive and I have seen many, many people get really sensitive teeth and even more cavities.......might as well use plain ole' baking soda if you want all natural.....baking soda does the same thing.

So, you CAN whiten your teeth even if the roots are sensitive........BTW........if you have crowns or tooth colored fillings on the front teeth, they will NOT lighten.

Sorry for being so verbose, but there are so many variables that you need to be aware of.  

At 2:49 PM, Blogger Miss X said...
You did 100% the right thing. It is our job to look out for each other. Oh and my husband use to be a cop, it is true, they won’t give out your name unless it goes to court. Anyway I’m very proud that you did what you did!

I hate TBW!!  

At 5:46 PM, Blogger Sandy said...
Although I'm sure M. is simply concerned for your safety, I believe you did the right thing by calling it in Julianna. I did the same thing once (right down to writing information on piece of paper in my car!) when I saw two guys running from a shooting, and was terrified after I had done it that I was opening myself up to something. Nothing came of it. I love that you care enough about other people to take action.

I'm really struggling with someone who can just so casually offer to give up a baby if she gets a certain number. Who has more fun than people eh????  

At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
I would have done the same thing. And my husband would have responded the same way to me as yours did to you.

I highly doubt these miscreants would ever be able to obtain your personal information.

Don't worry, you will be fine. And you are right. Fuck'em, those ignorant assholes!!  

At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
The very first post I saw of yours was about TBW and her "I'm not sure I even want to be pregnant" line. I was hooked immediately on your blog and was so outraged by TBW I was even telling friends "about this terrible person" I read about on a blog. They were offended too, if it helps. My skin crawls everytime I read something about her. I'm sorry you have to interact with her.

About your personal information getting out, I used to work in criminal defense. If the case is filed, the police report will go to the defense attorney. But the attorney cannot provide your personal information to a defendant. Police reports provided to defendants have that kind of information blacked out. They can read what your statement was, but not get personal information. You should be okay.

I think you did the right thing. If she doesn't want to take on what's happening to her, how about the danger their drama posed for their baby and everyone else on the highway ?  

At 4:02 AM, Blogger Ana said...
Delurking to say you absolutely did the right thing and I'm sure I would've done the same.
As for TBW, what can I say? What a lunatic.  

At 5:21 AM, Blogger Mere said...
You most certainly did the right thing by alerting the authorities. You can bet this was neither the first or last time such "playing around" will occur and that woman and the baby need help. She will probably not get it and that is sad but you did your part by taking notice. It is the people who do nothing that are partially at fault when these things turn really ugly, like death or hospitalization from injuries.
When we lived in our apartment the couple right below us fought ALL.THE.TIME. and I called 911 several times after hearing loud crashing and her scream. I never regretted it and they never knew who called.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
I do however understand your husband's concern for your safety. I'm sure they do not have your information but it is our husbands' job to worry about us isn't it?
Good job, I hope you do the same if you ever see this sort of thing again.  

At 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
I think you were right. I hope I would do the same thing in that situation.  

At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Julianna, let me ask you this.....if you were in a situation where some thug was beating the shit out of you, would you want someone to get involved?
The fact is, you didn't know their situation, she could have been kidnapped. Unfortunately, she's some poor battered wife/girlfriend and your help didn't make a difference, but you couldn't have known that.
You did the right thing. I would do the same thing a thousand times over, and would hope that someone would do the same for me.

thisgirl  

At 9:39 AM, Blogger Amyesq said...
You ABSOLUTELY did the right thing. I wish everyone were as much of a Good Samaritan as you were. You never know the extent to which their "playing" could have escalated, but at least it wasn't going to go there that night. Even if they were not actually fighting (which, of COURSE they were), they were driving recklessly and endangering other people besides themselves.

The fact that they had a carseat in the back - freakin' figures. Why can't we have babies and not those losers?

-A

PS Yeah, and the last thing you need is a baby with little TBW genes.  

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...
You are 100% right in doing what you did. I would have done exactly the same thing!  

At 8:48 PM, Blogger Mary Parsons said...
You absolutely did the right thing. I have a friend whose husband does drugs, steals his kids toys to sell for crack, takes the groceries to sell for money, sells their cars, and furniture. God knows what goes on behind closed doors. Only she can turn him in.. everytime ss comes to check, they both say everything is fine. I would hope someome like you would turn him in if they ever saw anything. Maybe it would give her a wake up call.  

Post a Comment  •  Home