
The Hills
I am learning with my digital camera. I still need to learn to crop and tweak the zoom feature but these will have to do, for now.
By nature, I am nosy. I love to see pictures on peoples blogs. I won't post anything that outs me too much, but I do want to start adding life to these words.

Cows
When we drive up to our friends winery (6 miles up a mountainous road), I love looking at all the cows on the hills. Sometimes I will ask my husband to pull over so I can try to get close. I walk slow and I try to be friendly, but they still moo and raise hell. They are none too pleased that I am visiting.

Leave already

What Is Your Problem!
I think I like the cows so much because it is so new to me. In South Carolina, you don't see vast hills and there are so many forests and trees that the cows don't stand a chance of having a life like this. I guess California cheese commercials are accurate, cows are happiest here.
I was talking to a cattle rancher once who told me that it is extremely common for cows to have twins. Unfortunately, the mothers hate having twins, so they usually abandon one. The ranchers find the lone babies out in the fields and try to save them. Sometimes they can get another cow to adopt it, but more often, he has to take them back to the barn and he gets his children to adopt them. This man's children get paid for each baby that they nurse to health. When he sells those particular cows, his children get the money (most of it in their college fund).
So, when I look at the hills, I am always looking for babies that are alone. In this picture, there are two small heads visible and it made me wonder if they were abandoned:

Baby Heads In Background
But then I saw this super foster mama:

Super Mama

super mama
She was looking after three babies. She looked back every now and then to make sure they were all keeping up. It was very sweet.
By this time, my husband was in the car, beeping the horn because he had had enough of my cow time. I told him how cool it was that the mama was looking after three babies and how odd that is. He pretended to care, sometimes he just can't get what fascinates me.
I am still in a funk. I refuse to live my life being depressed. I have so much to be thankful for and sometimes we don't get what we want.
My goal is to have a baby, not to just have IVF#3. I wouldn't even want to stop if IVF#3 failed. Deep down, my husband knows that.
I love him. If I could, I'd adopt many children. Unfortunately, the rancher in this house doesn't think the way I do.
I admire people that can be like that cow on the hill.


