Sunday, February 13, 2005
IVF #3
Let me just brag and say that my husband rocks.

We have had a rough time. Both of us, as individuals, have had to find a compromise.

There will be an IVF#3.


THERE WILL BE AN IVF#3!!!!!


I will not be going back to Stanford.

I am going to interview doctors in the coming weeks.

If anyone has suggestions about doctors in the Northern California area, I would appreciate some input. Good and bad experiences - you can email me, if you wish.

Needless to say, a lot has been going on in the past few days.

I am struggling with how to cope with the next IVF.

My nature is to be positive, kind, and loving to myself during the nightmarish hell of IVF. I call it my "pool of calm". I have to find a peaceful place and I relax and think good thoughts and caress my belly and encourage my body to keep doing such a good job.

There is so much that is overwhelming, I just have to put myself in another place.

Is it possible to provide a cushion for the fall?

The only thing that gives me the courage to keep trying, is knowing that I am capable of climbing up out of the hole of despair if it should fail again.

I don't stand a chance in hell of getting pregnant without IVF.

I want to have a family, I want to be a mother and grandmother.

I want my family tree to grow more branches.

I am not okay with not being a mother.

My husband wants to have a family. We want a family. He wants us to have the perfect life and is willing to work towards that goal with me.

Did I mention that my husband rocks?
posted by Julianna · 2/13/2005

17 Comments:
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
That is fabulous and wonderful. No advice here, just gladness. Physicists are the best ;)  

At 6:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
So delighted for you both! Your husband does indeed, rock! Good luck in finding a good doctor.

Kinneret
kinneretb@gmail.com  

At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
(singing) Colorado Colorado ColoRADo!! Coloradoooooooooo. Hey, maybe you can get some skiing in or something.  

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Julianna said...
Thank you everyone for your kindness.

Chris, traveling is out of the question - many reasons. M. travels a lot and it is difficult enough to coordinate from home base. About Colorado, I know that many people say great things about them. An acquaintance (my friend's sister) went to Colorado because they heard amazing things.

She completely hyperstimulated, had over 60-some eggs and over 40-some embryos. She had to be hospitalized 3 days after retrieval and of course, they had to freeze the embryos. The next month they were able to transfer four and she now has B/G twins. So, yes, she has children but I was not impressed with her experience. It was a very hellacious time for all of them.  

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Heather said...
So thrilled for you! Will be hoping, wishing, praying, and whatever other positive verbs I can come up with that the third time is the charm for you and your wonderful hubbby.  

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Amyesq said...
Oh my God that is so great!! I am interested in the delicate negotiation process that took place. I am sure there are loads of good REs up there. Hope springs eternal!  

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
I know absolutely nothing about west coast clinics, but I just wanted to say congrats and good luck!
Danae  

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...
Best wishes! My thoughts are with you!  

At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
How exciting! I wish you the very best of luck.
And by the way....you both rock!  

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Sandy said...
Oh Julianna....he does indeed rock! I have tears of joy in my eyes for you, my blog friend. Thinking of you.  

At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so happy and I hope this will be the one!! I will keep my fingers crossed your entire cycle. (disclaimer: I will MENTALLY have them crossed NOT PHYSICALLY) :)
Best wishes

Dani  

At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
I am so happy for you that I am choked up. That's wonderful news. Sending you the best of luck and love.

Emily  

At 4:12 AM, Blogger Ana said...
That is great Julianna! I hope this is the one!  

At 5:45 AM, Blogger Kristin said...
Wooohoooo...this is really awesome news hon! I am truly thrilled for you. To bad NC is out of the question. There is a clinic in CHarlotte that offers a 70% refund on IVF if you do not get to take home a live baby (kind of morbid but definitely helps on the cost when more than one attempt is needed).  

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Colette said...
I am over the moon for you! May the third time be the charm. ;)

Colette
http://infertilitybedamned.blogspot.com/  

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Dee said...
Such wonderful news, Julianna--your husband does rock, and so do you!

I don't know about specific clinics in Northern Ca. but my clinic was one of those that does the 'shared risk' plan where you get a percentage of your IVF cycle money refunded if you don't bring home a "live baby" (their words, not mine). The clinic is part of the IntegraMed group and they have affiliates across the U.S. so maybe there are some in Northern Ca. I think the url is www.integramed.com.

I'm so very thrilled for you!  

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Lori said...
Hooray! Great news! I'm sorry we won't bump into each other at Stanford though.  

Post a Comment  •  Home