Tuesday, March 08, 2005
: )
I am happy and you can bet that I am sucking the blood out of every minute of it.

It was not until I pulled myself up out of my funk, that I realized how long I have been down.

Because I like this, indulge me, while I try to analyze it.

I started feeling better when I forced myself to exercise (walking 2-3 miles a day and rolling on a ball).

Although I initially gained 3 pounds, I am now down 5 pounds from my original starting weight which means that I have lost 8 pounds in five days. I reckon if I can gain that much in a span of days, then surely I can lose it.........it is soooo lovely being on the losing end, for once.

I have Hope in my house and I am catering to her every whim. I want her to be happy here and I want her to stay. My house is a very sad sight without her so I will never speak ill of her again.

I gardened today. I planted and tilled the earth until it was dark. I am sore but I feel so good. I relished every plant and flower and I felt the warmth of the sun for the first time this season. Unfortunately, I am murdering millions of snails at this very moment. This is the night of their doom. They will feast on delicious pellets of death and I will be able to see the massacre in the morning and that, pleases me greatly.

I am so incredibly grateful for my husband. He is my granite and watches with amusement while I flit through life. We are so incredibly opposite and yet he continues to encourage and support me. He takes the time to listen to my fears and he validates and encourages me.

I am very happy right now, today. Actually, I think I have been happy for a few days now.

I rather like it here.
posted by Julianna · 3/08/2005

11 Comments:
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Isn't it a nice surprise to check yourself and realize you're doing pretty well? Glad things are looking up. I'm very excited about Dr. Next.

Take care.  

At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
yay. Good for you. Isn't it great when you realise you have come through it and life isn't so bad after all.
I humanely throw my snails into next door's garden (the house is empty so it's not too mean). Slugs get to fly 60 feet down to the railway tracks, where they meet with a sudden and humane death, or get to feed on the railside greenery.  

At 5:45 AM, Blogger Kristin said...
How wonderful...it is so great hearing you sound happy. I'm happy for you my friend.  

At 7:40 AM, Blogger Jeangenie said...
Yay for happiness!

Getting out in the light and air is very healthy for both body and soul - go for it! :)  

At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Happy is good. Very, very good.  

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Miss X said...
Embrace this. I am so happy that you are happy. ;)  

At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
It's wonderful you're in a good place.

thisgirl  

At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Julianna,

So happy to hear that you're doing so well. Sounds like a lovely day.

I've been thinking about you a lot lately and been feeling very good about your cycle with Dr. Next. The best of luck my dear.

xxoo,
Emily  

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...
Good for you, woman!! What a great feeling. I think the exercise probably helps. I should try that myself. :)  

At 11:05 AM, Blogger sweetisu said...
I'm so glad to hear you are feeling so happy, and Hope is sticking around. Congrats on losing 8 lbs!  

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Cass said...
Glad to hear the positives! I need to get me some of that. :)

If you wouldn't mind, will you share which ball exercises you're doing? I looked at a couple of books on ball workouts when I was at Borders today but don't really have a sense of what's good/fun/doable. Are you using a book? Video? Making it up?  

Post a Comment  •  Home