Wednesday, March 02, 2005
Rice. A Roni..........
Unfortunately, I will not be looking my best for Dr. Next tomorrow morning. In spite of my tossing and turning on a ball, and walking for three miles each day (running time up to 8 seconds)..........I should have lost weight. The first few days, I actually gained three pounds and now I am down to my original starting weight.

I do feel better emotionally and physically since I started working out. In my mind I look fine, but then I pass a mirror and wonder who the hell that is or why every mirror is so fucked up.

"'Tis better to be in la la land than the misery of reality."

I have a long list of questions for Dr. Next and the more I think about things, the more I am convinced it may be a good idea for me to just listen at first. He has been going over my files and requesting more information so he should be well versed with my drama. I am strangely nervous about the appointment.

I just don't want to hear bad news. I am also afraid of being so blissfully hopeful again.

I should just be thankful that I am going to have another chance (enter: fear creeping in - what if I get some terrible, unexpected news.......fadeout)

I will be spending the next few days in one of my favorite cities and will most likely not have internet access.

I miss my old lap top that had a simple plug, simple phone line, simple internet connection.

These fancy wireless, remote laptops are far over-rated.
posted by Julianna · 3/02/2005

8 Comments:
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Cass said...
I'll be thinking of you and Dr. Next. It seems a good sign that he's made attempts to review your history - seems so obvious, but feels so rare. And if you're desperate to update us, there's wireless internet at a bunch of Starbucks, and Borders, and places like that. They charge, but I don't think it's ridiculously expensive. But we'll understand if we have to wait.  

At 1:02 AM, Blogger Jeangenie said...
There'll be positive thoughts winging their way across the Pond to you.  

At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
don't you have warchalking over there?
anyway, hope this doctor business goes okay, that you travel safely and that one day we will meet so i can give you a nice big kiss, shake your hand, buy you a beer and we can laugh like old friends.
take care.  

At 7:18 AM, Blogger Kristin said...
Wishing you a wonderful appointment and the best of luck. May this be the time that hope is not a fickle bitch. I want hope to come home to you and settle in for the long haul. Maybe we'll both get lucky soon and we could do this together.  

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...
I can't wait to hear how everything goes for you. He seems like he is knows what he is doing, given that he has been reviewing your case before you even get there. Do check in when you can!  

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
I haven't lost weight, but feel great working out, too. Hope everything goes well.
Marla
middle way  

At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Have a great time on your trip. I'll be here impatiently waiting for an update.  

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Sandy said...
Hey kiddo...thinking about you and hoping your appointment went well.  

Post a Comment  •  Home