Thursday, March 10, 2005
: #
First off, blogger sucks. I had a post earlier that was more clever and then it got eaten. I am now running short on time and must type quickly if I am to get out the door for my two hour drive to my doctor's appointment.

In the meantime, Christine at blogmoxie has made me a PURTY template that is all about me and flowers and vintage baby shoes and I am sure she is having a hard time turning my templates over but when she does, just tell me how pretty I am..... that always makes me feel better.

Now, where was I before I was so rudely erased.........


Everyone who knows me, knows not to call my house before 10:00 a.m. or 9:00 a.m. if it is very important so when my phone rang at 6:50 a.m. this morning I wondered what was wrong.

It was my mother and she was crying - immediately I thought that my dog died because she has been suffering some ills lately. My mother has had my sweet Chelsea Belle since I got married 4 years ago.

Finally my mother got it out, my cousin was found dead this morning. Now, since my grandmother had my mother at the age of 46, most of my cousins are my mother's age. We have a huge family (there are at least 150 people at our family reunions) and this is the first of all of the grandchildren to pass away. It is ironic that I come from the family of "the accidental pregnancies" yet I am so barren. Anyone who has been reading my blog, has heard me speak of Aunt Chessie (when I post recipes, those are usually hers), well Tom was Aunt Chessie's oldest of six children. Everyone is completely shocked and devastated. My mother asked if I could come home.

M. has been extremely ill with the flu the past few days. He is never sick and has missed work since Monday. His fever ranges from 101- 102.5. He is going to the doctor this afternoon if he can't shake the fever. I have been doing what any loving wife would do and have been avoiding him like the plague. I give him nutrients with oven mits on my hands.

I have an appointment this afternoon for my lupron challenge stuff, they are going to draw my blood and then give me lupron and a syringe and give me a specific time tonight to inject myself (thrills) and then I am to get my blood drawn again tomorrow at an exact time. I really don't know what the fuck it all does, I am just following doctor's orders.

M. said that I should look into plane tickets. I just can't.

I don't want to be held back a whole month when I start my period again and I am also worried that his virus may be invading my body any day now and that is the last thing they need at the funeral, not to mention flying across country at the risk of being ill. M. is terribly sick and although I am taking as many precautions as I can, I will be very surprised if I don't catch his bug.

Was it just a few days that I was speaking of my happiness? Did I force the shit radar on my head because I was bold enough to brag of my good fortune?


F.U.C.K.
posted by Julianna · 3/10/2005

9 Comments:
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Miss X said...
I am so sorry for your loss. I am thinking of you and your family.

On a much lighter note, I LOVE your new blog design. So pretty!  

At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Well, shit, I don't even know what to tell you except that if you miss this try, you're probably going to go bonkers waiting. I know I would.

Sorry about your cousin and everything else.

I do like your new look, though.  

At 3:41 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...
Oh my God that is awful! I am so sorry to hear that. And at such a shitty time, too. (I realize that sounds bad but still). Let us know what you decide to do. We will support you 100% no matter what.

Great new look, by the way!  

At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
oh dear lord. there's nothing i can say so i won't.

for you i cross my fingers, my arms, my legs and my eyes.

lots of love from thousands of miles away.

and here's a hug too....  

At 4:39 PM, Blogger Cass said...
Well that plumb sucks. I totally respect the dilemma - how to be supportive of your family while taking care of YOU. No assvice to offer - just a boatload of support and healthy thoughts, whatever you decide to do. And the new design is simply lovely.  

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Julianna said...
I have just caught up with the "goings on" 3000 miles away. If this had happened a week ago, there is no question that I would have flown back.

One of two things is going to happen:
1. My blood work and lupron injection will go splendidly and I can begin IVF#3 AND I will catch the flu and then I will know that I did the right thing by staying home.
2. My blood work will be shit because after all, I brag about how well I do with all my tests so I deserve to get a big fat "F" and I will not get the flu which means that I should have gone to the funeral and been with my family.

It isn't quite fair that it is only in the outcome that determines whether I am correct or not. I wish I had complete confidence in my decision no matter what happens. I guess that is life.

Thank you for all of your kind comments and THANK YOU CHRISTINA for doing such a magnificent job.

I shoot up in 10 minutes - ugghhhh - I hate giving myself shots. They draw blood again in the morning and I'll get the results in the afternoon.  

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Sandy said...
I'm so sorry for your loss. Hoping that you make the decision that is right for you ~ you're entering such an important time in your life. I love the new design and am delighted that I'm able to comment now ~ been trying for two days! Thinking of you my friend.  

At 6:09 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...
I am sorry to hear about your bad news, Julianna. You can only do what is right for you.

On a brighter note, love the new look and that pretty chintz rose motif reminds me of some beautiful fabric I made this really funky ra-ra skirt in the Eighties! It was so cool and I probably would struggle to get one leg in it now. Oh well, memories!  

At 1:45 PM, Blogger Jeangenie said...
Whichever you do you'll beat yourself up about not doing the other, but if you're incubating flu would it be wise to give it to all the people on the plane, to give to their families ... ?  

Post a Comment  •  Home