Wednesday, March 16, 2005
And A Good Time Was Had By All
It just boggles the mind how blogspot can be so incredibly screwed up and not even acknowledge the chaos on their help page. I am working out the logistics of taking up residence elsewhere. I think I will just leave this one as it is and my new blog will be like a new book, so, old book - blogspot, new book - drops soon. I really don't think that it is necessary to transfer all of this emotional vomit er....brilliant insightfulness er...baby babble to a new book.

Honestly, how often do I ever read back pages in someone's blog or need to go back myself for that matter? I do see people reading my blog from front to back sometimes, like they are getting to know me that or either they are incredibly bored but they can still do that when it is Book One. Am I missing something?

Alright! I'll stop with the strike outs I am just trying to show off because I just learned how to do it.

And another thing! How in the hell was I EVER supposed to put up a blogroll on my own??? Were y'all just laughing and waiting to see if I could pull it off and, how is everyone else so friggin' computer savvy except me?

Strike it out directions: "< strike >" is simple compared to this to get a blogroll going:
< !-- Begin # content - Centers all content and provides edges for floated columns -- >

< !-- Begin #sidebar -- >
< h 2 class="sidebar-title"> Insert Title Here < / h2 >

< ul >

< / ul >

Example if you wanted to have a list of friends:

< h2 class ="sidebar-title">My Friends < / h2 >
< ul >

< li > < a

href = "http :/ /www.nameofurlgoeshere.com "target = "parent" > NameIWantToShowGoesHere
< / ul"




Was I being punked?

Thank you Cass for teaching me how to strike out and thank you Sandy for teaching me how to attempt a blogroll (I actually had to put a bunch of spaces for it to publish here so don't try this at home).



And another thing, how is it that my husband is so brilliant but cannot help me with my new digital camera? Am I THAT stupid?

It is like I am being thrown to the wolves to learn on my own and instead of giving me self esteem, it is pissing me off. I would like to hire Jessica on retainer, I mean hell, if she could fix my computer remotely and she gives such great grammar advice and she teaches me apostrophes and commas and her boyfriend is a physicist who gets excited about making soda bubbles because he can. I know that I probably needed at least one apostrophe or comma in that last sentence and it was shameful how I ended it with a dangling participle.


Oh yeah, and another thing, TBW told me at the end of the day today that she is excited about seeing my doctor on Friday.

Me: "MY doctor?"

TBW: "yes"

Me: "Four hours round trip IVF doctor?"

TBW: "yes"




I can't even put into words why that just bugs the shit out of me, I only know that it does. No one else has to understand, I just know that I am completely irritated by this latest news.

My sister says that I am being ugly.
posted by Julianna · 3/16/2005

10 Comments:
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Julianna said...
For some Blogspotfuck reason I can't add the links for my wonderful helpers.

Jessica is not infertile but found me somehow and is extremely helpful for anything computer related and her equally brilliant boyfriend Reuben shares her blog.

Jessica is at "imconfused" http://www.imconfused.net/blog/index.php


Cass and Sandy are popular infertiles that most of you know:
Cass is at manyamile
Sandy is at weightncee  

At 5:31 AM, Blogger Cricket said...
Julianna,
It is perfectly fine to be ugly sometimes. As a fellow Southern Belle, I am finally learning that complete, indescriminate graciousness is what does not have a place.

But that's just were I am these days :)  

At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Well, you could have had me on retainer until just recently, but then I got one of those day job thingies (in tech support, naturally). It's possible I can help with your camera problems, depending what part of the whole digital camera experience you're having trouble with (transferring pictures onto the computer? editing the images? actually taking the pictures?).

With TBW problems, I am useless, although I can absolutely see why you would be irked that she is stealing your doctor (or at the very least doing something akin to plagiarizing, since you did a bunch of research to pick that doctor and she may just be "copying" you). Bleagh. In any case, feel whatever you're feeling, and to hell with what any sisters think. For instance, it is ok to feel, and even to say out loud, that blogger sucks polar bear balls.  

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...
Yes, Blogger is horrific, isn't it? I am about to make the leap myself.

Which doc is TBW seeing? Dr. Beautiful or your NEW doc?

And, for the love of God, HOW do you do strikeouts?? I'll show you how to do a blogroll if you'll show me strikeouts...  

At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Be ugly when you want. Of course it is OK to get irritated. Perhaps you could do me an HTML editorial. I am a complete wuss(english english) at doing stuff like that
A  

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Julianna said...
TBW is seeing my newest Dr. Next. Their fertility clinic has an easy name to remember (example : OVUM Fertility Clinic) so she remembered the easy word - It is not OVUM - that was just an example.

So, I guess she made a mental note of where I was going now and then set up her own appointments there -her consult is tomorrow, so she has had the appointment for a while and just half-ass mentioned it yesterday. Like, "oh yeah, i'm seeing your doctor friday" and I was shocked.

Okay, to strike out a word or sentence you use < then the word "strike" and then > - everything you want striked stays in the middle and then at the end you use < / strike > - but no spaces ---- let's see if comments will let me do it

< strike >whateveryouwantstriked < / strike >

just like that but with no spaces!

Damn, it isn't let me post it...says html not accepted - ugghhh  

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Julianna said...
< strike > whateveryouwantstriked < / strike >


yes, finally, it went through.....so like that but no spaces  

At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
You're pretty when you're ugly! heeheehee  

At 5:16 PM, Blogger Kristin said...
UGh...I can NOT believe TBW is going to your doc. And so what if you are being ugly about it (but I don't htink you are), you are entitled.  

At 6:39 PM, Blogger K|nneret said...
I can't show you how to blogroll, because - oh hell knows, I have no clue. But I can show you how to put up a links list, if ya wanna.

TBW is just a nasty piece of work. Seriously. And I'm all for being gracious and such, but ... grace can be so over-rated. I do understand.  

Post a Comment  •  Home