Rambling thoughts this evening.
I just finished eating the most delicious salad. I sautéed some sliced mushrooms in butter and bought a bag of ready made spinach and cut up some prosciutto in bits and halved mozzarella cheese balls. I drizzled olive oil and some white wine vinegar and it was y.u.m.m.y..
I have been watching the food network a lot lately. Last night we had the most delicious appetizers that we ate with our chicken. I boiled romaine lettuce for 2 minutes to get it soft and smooshed the hard spines down and put half a mozzarella ball and sliced prosciutto in the middle of the 3-4 inch wide romaine and wrapped them like a little present and skewered them with little wooden thingies and seared them quick in a frying pan on the stove. D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S. They will be featured at my next party.
I have been having weird sharp pains on my upper left stomach below the ribs and I wake up with very sore lower back muscles. I am going to see the doctor on Thursday, for some reason, his nurse didn't think that it was funny when I told her that I either have hepatitis or cancer of the spleen. Wrong side to be my gallbladder.
I must add here that I am neurotic. I imagine the worst and when I am sick or have ills, it is dramatic. It took M. a while to get used to my drama. So, I'm sure I'm fine, always am, I just don't like to wonder so I get to go to my regular M.D. on Thursday. He has an interesting way of looking around the room when I tell him my ailments.
I start my lupron injections on Thursday and I am to inject myself in the morning and then 12 hours later - since I like to wake up late, I chose 9:00 and 9:00. Problem is that I am in a golf tournament on Saturday - it is for charity, I signed up a long time ago and paid a long time ago. I am paired up and committed to going. There is a banquet in the evening and all of this is going on about an hour away from my house. How am I going to inject myself? I'll be on the golf course playing for the 9:00 a.m. inoculation. I am thinking of pre-loading two syringes, packing some alcohol swabs and putting them in an envelope and just dealing with it when the time comes. I am really, REALLY, trying hard to not tell the world about this IVF because it hurts too much when it fails to repeat the bad news. It will be impossible to keep the envelope hidden in the golf cart......I probably need to chill out. I just get so worked about things sometimes.
Another thing.
One of my best friends is from the U.K.. I just LOVE her British humor and sayings. I love going to her house to eat and drink instant coffee and she lets me fiddle with her doll houses and all of their tiny accessories even though I am incredibly clumsy.
I have been getting much entertainment from some amazing non-infertile blogs in the U.K.. I don't really know how Jeangenie and I found each other, I only know that she sent me the most amazing email when my world fell apart last October and when I went to visit her blog, I saw that she had posted an equally amazing blog entry. I got to know her blogroll friends and just adore reading about their lives and humor and experiences. So, allow me to introduce them:
The Queen Sweet and Brilliant
LordHutton Brilliant and Loving
Henry The Thirst Brilliant and Witty
Henry's Dad Brilliant and Inspiring
SimonG Brilliant with a cool caption contest
I am starting to calm down about my new blog. It took an army but I am finally getting things unpacked in my new home. I found some awesome templates for Word Press from a very talented designer and when I went to her blog, I found that she is one of us, an infertile. I don't know how I never met her before. Her story is heartbreaking. She is making me very beautiful in my new home and I am eternally grateful for her patience.
My mother called tonight to inform me that my sweet Chelsea Belle is not doing well. She has Cushing's disease, fluid around her lungs and congestive heart failure. She is still "happy dog in the morning" and she is a bit bewildered at all of the doctor attention she has been receiving lately. I need to go back to South Carolina to spend time with her. She was my baby. I am thinking of flying home during my 2 week wait. What better way to whittle the time away than to be at my mother's house being catered to and eating shrimp and grits and butter beans and rice and turnips and tomato pie. Is it not good to travel after embryo transfer? I won't lift anything except my purse and can relax during the cross country journey. I am not going to work and M. travels so much, it will be nice to be with family.
Okay, novel completed.


