I've moved a lot in my life and every time, there is that weird stage in the beginning where I wonder what I am doing and I don't even know where simple things are like the grocery store, gas station or bank.
Some cities are easier to get acclimated to while others appear so incredibly unorganized in the beginning. I always go through a phase of hating life at some point in the beginning of a move.
The internet is not much different.
I remember when I first learned what a blog was and had a hard time figuring out how to read (go to the end for the beginning) and then when I started my own blog, well, it took me a day before I could get it up and running.
Now I can post and surf and edit without even thinking about what I am doing.
I am going to a better place. A bigger place. A more organized place. A place that is fast and doesn't crash or lose my posts just when I am ready to publish. A place where I can ban trolls at the click of a button - they won't even be able to read me, much less comment. It will be a good thing.
I have already shown my ass.
The support staff at my new place is ready to delete my "help me questions" because they say that my thread is going to turn people off to "Word Press". That is going to be my blogger replacement. Word Press is supposed to be better than most things out there - yadda, yadda, yadda.
I would link you to my new blog but it is just full of posts titled:
"SUCH CRAP", "WTF!", "Are you kidding me!", "What now!".....I'll delete those once I calm down.
Right now, the title is "Poetic Rose" which is the name of the template and not my blog. Oh, I tried to add "My Eggs Are Cooked" but I crashed the whole damn thing and a WP support person had to go over there and get it going again. Thank you Podz!
I am hearing things like, "FTP, CHMOD the theme folders to 666 to make them writable, set file permission to load a theme in WP ADMIN Theme Editor, and it gives you that message ... then you need to CHMOD to 666 to set file permission to a certain level as in CHMOD 777 or CHMOD 666 either setting will allow you to edit those files in WP Admin Theme Editor. 666 is a lower permission level but that is fine for you..... "
Please tell me that your mind also shut down and rebelled when you just read all of that.
I did what any pissed off woman would do and started replying to their gibberish with:
"If you use the 11 of the Gracey 11/14 on the mesial lingual of tooth number 19 it may make it easier and if that doesn't work, you can always try the Universal 7/8 but using the toe of the blade there."
So, they hate me. I would link you to my Word Press help page that shows about six different computer help techs trying to get me to see the light but that would be embarrassing because I did show my ass really bad.
Finally, Podz told me to send him my passwords and usernames and he would convert my CHMOMDDD to a 666 and make my blog writable and after he was done he said that it was ready but it was just like me handing him a Gracey 12/13 and telling him to go ahead now on the distal of number 3. He wouldn't know what to do anymore more than I do with his tools.
I gave Podz everything except the keys to my house for him to help me get up and running but minus him doing it for me, I am at a loss. I actually didn't think twice before handing over all of my passwords and user names because the only thing I do online is blog and read and play poker and if he wants to go to Party Poker and play a little bit, well, hell, go ahead.
He will see that I am great at winning friends and influencing people everywhere when he goes to sit at the poker table and sees that his moniker name is "uMyBitch" and that everyone hates him immediately.
So, one day I will invite you over to my new home and it will be fast and better and bigger than this old house but just remember that I am still in boxes and it will take me a while to get it comfortable.
I still have some cleaning up to do before I can invite company.


