Thursday, March 17, 2005
Stepford Wives Get Ulcers Too
I got the call from Dr. Next's nurse this afternoon:

DNn: "I have your schedule and just wanted to make sure the dates are convenient for you."

Me: "Do you ever have people tell you that the dates aren't convenient?"

DNn: (laughing) "Well, I guess not. Let me re-phrase that, I am calling to tell you what you will be doing for the next month and a half so you can plan everything else around us.


I already love DNn.


Let the games begin.

A week from today, I will begin my twice daily injections of Lupron and that will continue until I am ready to trigger. I will be able to use the rest of my Bravelle and Gonal F from the past hell, so they are trying to work out the details of what I have in my tattered failure box and what I will need. I should get my shipment by Tuesday.

I wrote everything down in my calendar and then, there it was, it came suddenly and without warning - fear. I am scared.

I'll be okay, I just have to work through all of this because once I start my shots, I enter my pool of calm because *stress will never be a factor in my IVFs failing - NEVER.

So, bring it on.

The intelligent me, started looking at the dates of injections and office visits and ultrasound appointments and I started to question things. It looks like I will be one week into my Gonal F injections before they do another ultrasound (after baseline). So, I am going to be injecting lupron morning and night and Gonal F will be added to the mix for a whole week without anyone checking in on me.

I could drive myself crazy questioning things, there comes a time where you just have to trust and jump. I'll get there.

I need to break the fourth wall here for a second. I feel judged and vulnerable. It can be quite humorous but it can also hurt, especially if I am being gut level honest about my inner turmoil but if I just pretend or give pat posts, then I am not being authentic to myself.

In writing this blog, my initial goal is to somehow make myself feel better and secondly, to perhaps, make someone else feel better or sane because of my ick.

Unfortunately, there are also a lot of crazies out there who can read about my innerchild who do not have my best interest at heart, people who I believe are inherently evil and mean, and I cannot let them win. I cannot let them silence me.

I hate to give them power by speaking of them, but in keeping with my honesty, I feel I need to address it.

I really appreciate the support group of friends who are ready to kick ass on my behalf, it helps tremendously. But, still, when I am beginning to divulge more, I find myself pausing now.



Okay, pause over.

DNn said that M. needs to come in before next week for a semen analysis.

Me: "But he has subjected himself to semen analysis after semen analysis and y'all have all the records of it. Does he have to? We live 2 hours away, it is not possible for me to run a sample over to you and he is incredibly busy with work."

DNn: "Yes. Our biologists need to have their own analysis. He can call the office and we will try to make it convenient for him."

Me: "Did I also read it right that you want him to come in for a semen sample the day before retrieval and then again the morning of retrieval?"

DNn: "Yes. The embryologists and biologists like to see the sample the day before and it is used as a back-up if a sample is not possible on the day of the retrieval."




M. is very busy. I feel the need to make this as painless as possible for him and these extra jack-off visits are going to piss him off. I find myself dreading our after dinner conversation tonight, as a matter of fact, I may just wait until I get my schedule in hand - that will give me a few days.

Yes, we must prolong the peace.
posted by Julianna · 3/17/2005

8 Comments:
At 3:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh good, the messy bit is beginning;-) I wish you both luck, peace and success.  

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Miss X said...
Praying and wishing nothing but blessings on you and M.  

At 12:13 PM, Blogger K|nneret said...
I'm wishing you much luck this cycle. We live about 45 min away from our RE - except when traffic is bad, which is usually in the morning but not always ridiculously so ... EXCEPT for the morning that I drove John's SA into the RE's ... OMG what a fucking nightmare.
Anyway, I hope it goes well - from beginning to end and the peace is not broken!  

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...
Get swimming in the oasis of calm! I know you are not going to let anyone get to you, right?  

At 4:51 PM, Blogger DeadBug said...
Can I get a DNn of my very own? Loving her!

Best of luck to you on this long, long road. I hear you on the "I'm going to be stimming for a week without someone checking me out!?" part; mine's six days of a Gonal-F, Follistim & Repronex combo before the wand monkey wants to see me. Seems to me I should be in there very blooming day!

--Bugs  

At 8:19 PM, Blogger Kristin said...
DNn sounds awesome. She will make dealing with the office a lot easier. I hope that is simply the first of many good things to happen to/for you.  

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
keeping fingers crossed for you (i'm too clumsy to cross my toes)

Don't know if this will help break the news to M., but my husband asked if he could do his job a day or two before just so he wouldn't feel quite so pressured on the big day. He was much less stressed knowing he had a back up batch.  

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Ya. This is so exciting. Oh, and I love the term "jack off" visits. Actually, that probably makes it sound like a lot more fun than they are.  

Post a Comment  •  Home